Community Exchange Listing Fund

Just getting ~2 more to start would have a positive impact. With the level of interest that has been indicated, I think that’s an achievable target.

4 Likes

Why do most people go for the original over the copy?

Even exact copies are held in far less esteem.

1 Like

Is 23 a player number?
Whenever I see 23 I think it’s a reference to spiral tribe.
Sorry, off topic.

Original is best.

2 Likes

Absolutely an exact copy in every sense is very strongly considered “fake” and not “real”.
But it is real, you can touch it, smell it, wear it… yet emotionally it is not real and its value is far less.

1 Like

Plus the finished article in software never exists and who wants a fake with zero experienced Engineers updating their network. Over time this part will change, but initially it will be glaringly obvious.

7 Likes

I have seen mostly the Uniswap vampire attack as the argument for a copy.
But with the Uniswap example enticing joe bloggs to move their liquidity until a better yield is offered elsewhere is entirely different to expecting developers to put huge effort and expense into building on a copy.

2 Likes

There wont be any expense if the copy becomes a money making machine from hype alone. Just like so many crypto projects have done. If the copy has created huge wealth from speculation then there will be vast sums invested in application development business. Hopefully Safe will achieve some wealth creation to fuel an economy around it but if it doesn’t and a copy does my money is on the copy. All the best engineers would be poached. Almost everyone has a price apart from those who can afford not to.

2 Likes

23 was Michael Jordan’s number; considered by many to be the GOAT in basketball!

2 Likes

Which copy of bitcoin comes close?
Which Ethereum killer comes close?

Yes there are some that hold value but to most they are a joke.
I dont deny that a copy will hold some value.

Edit: we are way off topic here… :grimacing: sorry @Sotros25

This is a good point. From economical perspective of MAID/SFT holders, it’s pretty complicated, because hype masterminds like Ripple Labs could throw a fat wad at developing “our” networks according to their “tastes” and get it off the ground way quicker, hell, they could probably even cause some devs departure on our side, and it’s easy to see why people think this might hurt us, but by the same token, it may actually market us, albeit as an alternative only.

Philosophically, maybe SAFE Network done by someone else actually goes hand in hand with the decentralization ethics, and more people doing autonomous networks with a little tweak here and there is exactly what we want, as it would prevent… centralized approach to decentralization. Maybe a bit of fragmentation is what we want, so these autonomous networks combined create this autonomous complex that has always been out of hand of any individual to a greater degree than Safe Network would be in itself, precisely because it was never a purpose.

Bitcoin would be easy to shoot down as a pretend-decentralized protocol if its open source nature didn’t help generate so many variations that actually bite away some of BTC’s MC. It’s complicated.

That’s not what I mean though. It seems to me there is zero room for a mind changing argument one way or another in this case. People who believe CEX listing is a good idea are likely to keep their belief, just as the people vehemently opposing are. That’s why I think discussing it is mainly a waste of time. That’s just my opinion. Discussing it over here is a waste of space, objectively. This thread attempts to find out whether there even is the necessary will to financially back another listing from the community’s pocket. Spamming it with arguments for or against listing itself in principle seems nonsensical. If the community is willing to support it financially, we can discuss all of that somewhere else.

I meant crypto projects have created vast sums of money from hype not that a copy has been more successful.

2 Likes

Sure fair point. But why would someone who has 30gb of files they want to upload wait for enough SNTs to be farmed, if they can go to the copy cat and use BTC to load all instantly?

How could that copy cat mint BTC though? Plus how would you connect all nodes to the blockchain. That won’t be a copy, it would be a nightmare IMO.

2 Likes

If you have BTC to pay in a lump sum for upload, there is nothing stopping you from buying safe network tokens and paying it to upload as well without farming.
I don’t understand your point, you are talking as if farming was the only way to upload files to the Safe Network.

3 Likes

We have a dedicated community, will you find that on a copy network?
If not your permanent storage on that other network could well fall fairly short of being permanent.

1 Like

Lol every freaking exchange will have a negative history in Trustpilot.

1. Kraken Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of kraken.com
  2. Binance Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of binance.com
  3. Gemini Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of gemini.com
  4. Coinbase Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of coinbase.com
  5. KUCOIN Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of kucoin.com
  6. Crypto.com Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of crypto.com
  7. Bittrex Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of bittrex.com

There is always a large bias against negative comments, simply because those who are satisfied don’t have an overwhelming need to be leaving a positive comment, on the other hand those who had a bad experience has a very compelling need to trash a company. So there is always going to be a biased sample of negative experiences, this is in every single human experience beyond crypto.

Lets go beyond crypto, shall we?

1. Nasdaq Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.nasdaq.com
  2. eBay Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of ebay.com
  3. Amazon Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.amazon.com
  4. Sanrio Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of sanrio.com (Even Hello Kitty is getting 100% 1 star reviews!)
6 Likes

There is a very real chance I don’t know what I’m talking about here. I am trying to think this through and this is my understanding:

1. Once SafeNet launches, the only way to get SNTs are through Farming or exchanging MAID. There are currently no exchanges that can trade SNTs once they are created due to the different technology (datachains). Are there exchanges that are technically capable of trading SNTs to blockchain technology? How would there be massive SNTs liquidity, besides the ones from MAID and farmed SNTs?
    • This poses a problem for mass adoption quickly, at least I think it does.

• How many SNTs will be available to the general public to transfer all or some of their data during the early launch months to SafeNet at the “instant gratification” that is almost required these days?

– My understanding is the only volume would come from people who have MAID. And most holding it don’t seem to be selling it. So SNTs will need to be Farmed by most new folks to load data or buy MAID before launch

• Is @piluso correct? If he is, this eliminates my 1/2 my concern. I still don’t understand how there will be enough liquidity to get on top volume exchanges.

If his statement is incorrect: Is the following a realistic possibility:

Let’s say ETH (as an example) wants to start their own SafeNet with the open source code. They make a few modifications to the code and now there is SafeEthNet. They create an exchange for 1 ETH = 100,000 SafeETHs (these are the same as SNTs). With 100,000 SafeETHs you can upload 1TB of data (just throwing a number out there) to their network. ETH Dev team provides tens of thousands nodes to help launch. They have huge capital. ETH is everywhere and easy to get. This platform becomes the “first to market” in terms of mass adoption, etc…, etc…, etc…

Or does this not work because bad guys can then easily take over the network and destroy it?

I really do appreciate all responses!

This would be like, IOTA, Avalanche, Algorand etc. All of these are technically different to traditional blockchains. Just as Omni, zcash and more are blockchain derivatives. So again it’s all about desire and not capability.

2 Likes

We can , and will, make the APIs very easy to integrate with. In fact, straightforward enough that it won’t just be limited to traditional exchanges either. With a little attention from us, the idea is that a basic ecommerce site should be able to handle it too.

So for an exchange, it certainly shouldn’t be any more technically challenging that say Omni.

But this is why I make the point about Maid being the temporary solution. It will likely be about for a bit after the launch, sure, but ultimately the transition will be to native SN tokens. And I would think it would be natural territory for DEXs really.

Plus we have the prospect of selling invites too (the little pre-pard card that can get you a Safe on the network to begin with) which should be easy money for exchanges.

7 Likes

Thank you for this information!!!

1 Like