Polls apparently can not be edited after five minutes.
I did not know that and that’s a shame.
I will close the poll then and call it inconclusive.
Should ‘vault’, the term maidsafe used to describe
‘a lockbox that holds other people’s personal data’ really be dropped?
And if so, what term would you like it being replaced by?
Asked shamelessly by someone who thinks he found a good replacement word for it.
Other suggestions are welcome and I’ll try adding them in the poll as soon as possible once suggested.
- vault (remain)
- earn (drop it altogether)
Remain vault as it is and have vault and safe mean very different things,
where one is users secure data space
and the other is a lockbox that holds other people’s personal data.
Drop the term don’t replace it
The argument here is that there is good noun to replace vault,
but one can use the term earn for generating money.
Leave it up to the Maidsafe team
Who cares? This is subject for the core developers, not users.
That’s kind of what it’s called right now to which Jim Collinson has said:
But since the ‘lockbox that holds other people’s personal data’ is on a redistribution point, using the term ‘node’ makes sense.
Because the term ‘farming’ has been used for earning safecoins/safetokens.
Idea from myself @Folaht.
When I hear the word
safe I think of either banks or train stations.
And when I think of ‘node with lots of functions that also contains things and earns money’,
then I think a train station would come closest to what a ‘node’ in a safe network functions like.
Rail network / Safe network
- You have a network of stations connected to each other / You have a network of nodes.
- Goodies are being transported / Data is being transported.
- People are being transported / People visit nodes.
- Stations earns one money, at least they did for me on Railroad Tycoon. / You ‘earn’ tokens for owning a ‘station’.
- It has all kinds of shops there and some have lockboxes. / The data will consist of safes and files and such.