Wrong transaction

might be:

Export for private keys? It’s still there for single key accounts, but not for HD accounts, since they contain multiple managed keys.

just a second

Try electrum wallet; hopefully the 12 word seed is compatible
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Electrum

it says “You can export your private keys.”

Okay, i"ll try this and have some dinner. In my mind the money is already gone, so is most of the panic… :wink:

2 Likes

good to hear, yet I’m sure it will get recovered no matter what; hopefully with existing software tools

1 Like

Than you earned yourself some coins. See you guys in a few hours.

Yes you’re just looking for the “export” option. That will allow you to take your address into any new wallet you like.

This would include OmniWallet, which lets you see and send the MaidSafecoins that are in it.

As long as you can see / export your private key, you have full control of the BTC and MaidSafecoins in your address :slight_smile: (note: but so would anyone else who has that info)

I didn’t work :frowning:

@MisterJohnWest, I don’t think you lost anything to be honest… You just need to get the private key for that address, and you already have what you need for it: your BIP32 private master key (albeit in its “mnemonic form”). As @dallyshalla said:

But you can also use bx, which is a command line utility. Let’s say BrainWallet told you that your 12 magic words are develop honey fortune myself normal hurt pioneer nurse course citizen settle marriage:

xprv=$(bx mnemonic-to-seed develop honey fortune myself normal hurt pioneer nurse course citizen settle marriage |
  bx hd-new | bx hd-private | bx hd-private)

Now you really have your master key. Actually, it’s the master key for the external chain of your 0th account in the wallet, which I believe BreadWallet would use. All you need to do now is to iterate through the possible keys on that chain, while looking for the address you used (let’s say it was 12oNFUiSSMBoSpv9GNHxZSABS8f9gRG6Xw):

i=0; while true; do
  echo -n "$(bx hd-public -i $i $xprv | bx hd-to-address) "
  bx hd-private -i $i $xprv | bx hd-to-wif
  i=$((i+1))
done | grep 12oNFUiSSMBoSpv9GNHxZSABS8f9gRG6Xw

There you have your address, together with its private key! For 12oN… it’s L2HMamDMuTgXHRya7pDvoSyeNb7qEBMugcLiwifsMkE5YZXpFQmV, and I just verified: Omniwallet happily accepts it. (Note: grep is not polite enough to stop after the first (and only) match, so you’d have to use Ctrl-C.)

I hope this helps!! Without Linux, you can just compile the necessary command lines in Excel or something, then copy/paste into a CMD window :joy_cat: I don’t know how to write scripts there; anybody?

1 Like

I checked the source on github, they use standard BIP39, so it will work.

you might want to help @MisterJohnWest move those to Omni ASAP and nuke this post before someone else beats you to it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, those are the exact steps, all @MisterJohnWest needs to do is substitute his own 12 words and the address the coins were sent to…

1 Like

I guess my point is there appears to be a private key in that post, which anyone could import into their omniwallet…

… which i randomly generated for the purposes of this demonstration :smirk_cat:

2 Likes