Working on Exchange Listings

Hi Folks,

I’m working on filling out exchange listing apps. The more reputable the exchange, the more detailed and specific the questions. For example, the questions below come from Coinbase’s application. I’m sharing this list because if I can get these answers, I can populate pretty much every exchange listing app. Can anyone DM me with or point me in the direction of where I can find details on the following:

• Token allocation: Describe the allocation of tokens (providing a chart, graph, or percentage-breakdown if applicable) noting any allocations to a token sale, presale, founders, advisors, employees, a foundation, or any other individual or entity that may have received tokens.

• Investment: Describe any venture or other equity capital that the Project Team may have received. If the Project Team raised capital, indicate whether the investment was for tokens or traditional securities (equity or debt) issued by the Project Team.

• Token sale: Was a token sale of any sort conducted? Examples include a presale, “SAFT” sale, Initial Coin or Exchange Offering (“ICO” or ”IEO”), or sales of any instruments convertible into tokens.

• When did such sale or sales took place?
    • How many tokens were sold?
    • At what price or prices?
    • How many purchasers participated?
    • To the extent available, describe the purchasers -
    • If any, what type of discounts were offered or bonuses implemented?
    • Describe the terms of any lock-up or vesting periods. Indicate if they are time-based, event-based, or have elements of both -
    • Explain any token purchase limits (maximums or minimums) -
    • Describe (i) how the pricing of tokens was determined, (ii) if such prices are reasonably consistent with the reasonable market value of the token’s consumptive use (e.g. the goods and services obtained through the token, if applicable), (iii) whether the amounts purchased by these purchasers was consistent with prospective consumption of the token for its intended usage or whether the purchase amounts are more indicative of investment, and (iv) if the network or other system encourages consumption of the token or discourages holding the tokens for investment (e.g. devaluing idle tokens or slashing).
    • Describe the intended use of the proceeds and whether the amount raised was equal to, less than, or greater than the amount necessary to complete development of the platform.
    • Describe the state of completion and functionality of the token/network on the date of the initial sale, as well as any contemplated future development, plans or designs intended at the time of the initial sale.
    • Describe the current state of completion and functionality of the token/network, as well as any future development currently contemplated.
    • Was the sale open to US investors? If so, was it limited to Accredited Investors? How was “Accredited” status verified?
    • What identity information, if any, was collected from purchasers? How was this information verified? Could purchasers acquire the token without KYC/AML checks?
    • Describe any excluded purchasers or jurisdictions. Was sanctions screening performed on purchasers? If so, how?
    • Describe whether any paid promoters (i.e. persons paid to promote the sale of tokens for a fee) were used, how they were compensated (e.g. flat fee or percentage of sales) and what services they provided.

In the meanwhile, if you want to see MAID listed on Kraken, show your support here:

20 Likes

I feel like @neo (sorry if I’m throwing you under the bus) is one that knows a lot of this.

The first token sale through the master exchange was open to anyone I believe. There are peeps here that know those addresses, how much the team got and how much the foundation hold but I don’t know myself.

Below an overview of all the available information on the MaidSafeCoin (MAID) ICO.

• MaidSafeCoin ICO Starting period: 2014-04-01 00:00:00
  • MaidSafeCoin ICO Ending period: 2014-04-01 00:00:00
  • Initial ): 0.014875 USD
  • Accepted currencies in the MaidSafeCoin ICO: BTC, MSC
  • MaidSafeCoin ICO started trading on: 2014-04-28

I know that the Bank to the future series B was only intended for accredited investors but they did not verify through a third party, now they require that retroactively. By participating you received a proportional amount of shares in Maidsafe the company and an amount of Safecoin upon network launch.
If I remember correctly the series B was open to US investors (you were still supposed to be accredited) and I think they required drivers license and maybe even a bill in your name.

I don’t think this project has ever had a paid promoter. That should be a big “NO”.

8 Likes

This is not quite right. The investors received shares in a company that held the MaidSafe shares. For some this is not really a difference but it was not actual shares in MiadSafe the company.

2 Likes

The company is: BNK TO THE FUTURE MAIDSAFE SP

2 Likes

Some of that info is no doubt here, where the original token presale was done.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579797.0

2 Likes

Here’s the spreadsheet listing ICO sales

4 Likes

I get the feeling that Coinbase application is too complicated and should be done by a full time working person on the Maidsafe team.

When testnet is out in the wild and working I hope @dirvine can give listings some thinking and put some resources towards 1-2 listings.

A working test-network might also help with fees, ranking on CMC and similar which could improve odds of coinbase listing and such. Big exchanges you want to get application right the first time, there might be hard to get a second chance, from what I picked up.

Maybe also send a message to Dug Campbell on Twitter or similar for advice, he seemed to do very good witb Bittrex global listing. He maybe could give some advice/guidance how to tackle large exchanges.

The UniSwap token was listed everywhere for literally 1 day without anyone filling out anything. If they can make money from you - they will list you everywhere. If they think they won’t make money from you, no matter how many forms you fill out, they won’t list you anywhere.

3 Likes

Yes, probably true in most cases. When working test-network is live and MAID jump top 50-30 on world ranking, that could open doors and interest.

So far, I’ve been able to ascertain the following about how Safe Network Token will be allocated:

With regards to the MaidSafeCoin crowd sale, I have been able to ascertain the following:

• Token sale:

• The crowd sale began at 9 am GMT on April 22, 2014, sold out within 5 hours, and raised $7M.
    • 452,552,412 MaidSafeCoins were sold.
    • Backers received the equivalent of 17,000 MaidSafeCoins per bitcoin sent to the SAFE Network Bitcoin exodus address or 3400 MaidSafeCoins per mastercoin sent to the SAFE Network Mastercoin exodus address.
    • There were ~2K participants
    • The following bonus incentive was offered; however, the sale completed within 5 hours.
      • Week 1: 40%
      • Week 2: 30%
      • Week 3: 20%
      • Week 4: 10%
    • Funds from the crowd sale were used to support development, and to secure the Safe Network through a 1:1 conversion with Safe Network Tokens.
    • The sale was open to global participants without excluded jurisdictions.
  • Equity Funding:

• MaidSafe also held a Series B Equity Funding Round on BnktoTheFuture on Sept 12, 2016.
    • Shares were priced at £21.28.
    • The funding round was open to accredited US investors.
    • Equity funds were raised to enable MaidSafe to continue recruitment of top developer talent to build out the features and functionality of the network, and to grow awareness amongst application developers and strategic partners.

The above is based on the links that have been shared on this thread as well as the whitepaper. Two questions:

• Is the above graphic accurate?
  • Were there any specifics on the intended use of the proceeds from the 452,552,412 MAID sold in the crowd sale (e.g. X to dev, Y to marketing, Z to advisors, etc.)?
2 Likes

The percentages must be different:

Farmers who run the Vaults are paid at 100% of the Farming Rate for all GETs on the Network. I.e. 86.95% (100/115) of all rewards.
Application Developers are paid at 10% of the Farming Rate for all GETs on the Network (that relate to their applications). I.e. 8.695% (10/115) of all rewards.
Maintainer Developers are paid at 5% of the Farming Rate for all GETs on the Network. I.e. 4.348% (5/115) of all rewards.

1 Like

Where did you get this information from? I am working with the following from the whitepaper:

To allow distributed ownership of the network, MaidSafe will allocate 30% of the tokens on day 1… This allocation of safecoin will allow two separate entities to be rewarded:

a: Current MaidSafe investors/shareholders. …
b: Crowd Sale Participants …

A crowd sale will enable everyone worldwide to seed and be a part of the SAFE project. This will last until MaidSafeCoin are sold out (circa $8million). If the all coins are not sold the event will end after 30 days. The crowd sale will enable a direct purchase up to ten percent of MaidSafeCoin. It is anticipated that soon after the crowd sale commences, MaidSafeCoin will be listed on exchanges and will be tradable, right up to the release of safecoin.

Developers …

15% of all safecoin earned will be allocated to the developer pool. This will ensure the developer community is highly motivated and rewarded for providing free-to-use applications and improvements to the underlying codebase that utilise safecoin as their revenue model. It is possible that 10% of these coins maybe recycled if a an idea of automated developer awards comes to fruition.

5% of the developer pool coins will be given to the core developement team. …

From the site https://safenetwork.tech/fundamentals/

2 Likes

Ok, I also searched the forum and found similar numbers here: SAFE Network Fundamentals: Context.

However, the numbers don’t make sense because they don’t take into account the number of Safe Network Token that has already been allocated as MAID. Using the number from the “fundamentals” the total amount of Safe Network Token would exceed 100%.

70% of the ALL tokens are reserved for farming. These 70% are distributed as follows:

• 86.95% Farmers
  • 8.695% Application Developers
  • 4.348% Maintainer Developers

Okay, so then the math works out like this:

Share of Rewards Share of Total Safe Network Tokens
Farmers 86.96% 61%
dApp Developers 8.70% 6%
Core Developers 4.35% 3%

However, this is only the initial distribution and we will probably never see these numbers because of recycling…

Alright, I’ll add the following disclaimer to the apps: This is the planned initial distribution at launch. The rewards will in fact be dynamically adjusted according to the Farming Rate determined by the Network

Here’s the retooled chart:

Thanks for your help on this, @dimitar! Does the rest of the information regarding the Token Sale & Equity Funding look correct to you?

5 Likes

I think it was open to people from all over the world. That was the amount collected:

Screenshot_2021-02-08_00-38-49

If someone writes a summary of the latest news, I will post it in their forum:

3 Likes

Thanks for the extra details!

I focused on the “US accredited investors” because this is what US-based exchanges seem to care the most about right now. I’ll add the following as a bullet point, however: The sale was open to global participants

4 Likes