Wondering what r/Bitcoin thinks of Maidsafe and it's SAFE net?

I messaged Roger Ver on twitter earlier to take a closer look at SAFE. I suggested he might be well placed to help give safenetwork some exposure in a few months when we launch Beta and need to grow quickly to protect the network.

To my surprise he actually messaged me back and was interested to find out more… I guess I can give him a run for his money with the evangelical, anti-establishment attitude lol ;). If anyone has any good suggestions of links I can send him they would be much appreciated. Obviously I immediately linked him to the forum, blog and metaquestions etc, but SAFE is such a big topic it’s hard to know where to start to get the links to info and discussions that might inspire him to get more involved.

8 Likes

I posted about this on another thread, but … for another project I’m working on I had to do some research into explainer videos, and strongly recommend taking a look at an Amsterdam firm called Hypercube. They did the videos for Lisk, Shapeshift, Factom, etc. Also very economical, 4-5K for a 1-2 minute animated video. More info and sample videos here:

Whiteboard videos are even more economical (starting at $850 usd) though more limited in what you can convey.

Fwiw I’d definitely chip in to help fund something like this, if the idea gains traction.

3 Likes

Nice one dude, I’ll respond to him tomorrow morning and hopefully people can help me find one or two more links to things where we discuss social implications a lot as well. I have a feeling that might lead him down the long road of safe-epiphanies he’ll need to ‘see the light’. If we can hook him in it won’t take long for him to see just how high the stakes really are.

1 Like

Cool I messaged him via email, but will let you take control as dialogue is now open and we dont want to spam him.

I still find the Sovryn Tech podcast with David a great episode to listen to to find out about the network. You could send this to him.

https://soundcloud.com/sovryntech/sovryn-tech-special-0021

3 Likes

I agree @Krekc,@Jabba and @Pierce
I find listening to David to be the most revealing and convincing explanation of the technolgy.
The Sovryn Tech podcast is an exellent example of that. You have a knowledgeable interviewer asking questions that are answered in a straightforward manner that just seems to personify trust and the reality of the project.

2 Likes

Sounds great! Definately a video or podcast with David!

Also, when talking to tech-savvy or artsy ppl, mention that a compensation for their work is already buillt in! I think this is a good argument for all those underpayed designers etc :wink:

1 Like