[WIP] Introducing: Ghost in the Safe – publishing/blogging webapp for safenetwork experiment

Haven’t tried it yet but I already know this is fantastic news! Well done @lightyear :slight_smile: I hope to see many more web apps like this. This is going to be a very easy way for people to create and deploy apps for SAFE because they will just work - on all devices, on all operating systems. No downloads, no installers, no ARM binaries :wink:. But security…

… I agree with @cretz that we need a SAFE solution (boom… boom…! :joy:). A SAFE browser for example, and ideally SAFE web App developers will highlight the risks when they detect use in a standard web browser, so…

@cretz how about creating a little warning JavaScript so we can encourage all SAFE Web App Devs to include it? It could operate like the Cookie Warnings we now see everywhere - a little banner saying “Warning blah blah” and linking to a security how to on the SAFE network. This would explain the need to use SAFE Browser (or whatever) and what the risks are if you don’t, when using web apps.

This is only one plank that we could put in place, and doesn’t protect users from a malicious web app developer (but that’s true of any SAFE app). It would help by raising awareness of the issue and encouraging users to adopt the SAFE solution (though we still have to develop that of course).

So as not to derail @lightyear’s Ghost in the SAFE topic, I suggest replies on the subject of security be diverted to a new topic by using “Reply on new topic.”

6 Likes