Windows 10 v privacy

It’s worse than that.

We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services.

. That means that if you send an email a windows user, Microsoft is claiming the right to disclose the contents. More or less if they feel like it.

4 Likes

There is a setting in Cortana that a user can opt into which stores their voice impressions on central servers, where it is mined by learning systems. Those learning systems analyze the grammar, syntax, and inflection to build its lexicon, allow it to begin understanding human speech across hundreds of languages.

The more people that use it, the faster it learns.

1 Like

And more personal information that microsoft vacuums up, which they say elsewhere they “can” share. Not statistical data or anonymously, but your data where they see fit to share it (all in good faith too)

2 Likes

Just for a new surface, has windows 10, is it bad if I kinda like it?

I don’t use win 10, but from memory you can turn off all the data collection “features” in it. And if you do that then its prob no worse than any of the sites you visit.

1 Like

Yeah I turned off everything when starting for the first time

1 Like

I’m not sure you can turn everything off. You can certainly mitigate some things (I did that for a couple of machines but don’t trust or use it myself for that reason).

2 Likes