Will Maidsafe launch within the next 3 years?

Thanks for creating this topic.

Brief:

Yes, with some breathing room.

Verbose:

I have confidence in @dirvine and his team. My only and mild concern is that in eagerness to achieve “launched”, some essential steps may be rushed or skipped entirely to the detriment of SAFE’s long-term success.

For example, I see neglect of recognition and discussion of the beta/testnet/validation phase necessity on the non-dev team side somewhat. To the credit of the developers, I’ve not seen them express this common misconception in software engineering. I’ve created SAFE launch criteria to help address my concern.

ATM, launch target feature set is not functionally complete on a public testnet. If it becomes so upon the next weekly update, it would IMHO be at least one year until mainnet and SAFEcoin.

I’m personally expecting the functionally complete testnet in the first quarter of 2021, putting the “1.0” launch out in the first quarter of 2022, 1.5 years from now and within your three year window.

7 Likes

There are no guarantees in life. Betting on Maidsafe is like betting on a horse. The horse doesn’t always win. The horses I bet on NEVER win! Maidsafe has 3 things that I like:

1. They have the right goal.
  2. They have basic integrity and honesty.
  3. They have their weekly updates to provide accountability.

Those things are actually hard to find in the crypto sphere. However I do understand people being impatient. If you want the project to finish faster, why not pitch in and help?

Here is my latest meme:

4jdz4f

11 Likes

Isn’t that 1.5 years?

2 Likes

Will Safe Network launch within the next 3 seconds?
Will Safe Network launch within the next 3 minutes?
Will Safe Network launch within the next 3 hours?
Will Safe Network launch within the next 3 days?
Will Safe Network launch within the next 3 weeks?
Will Safe Network launch within the next 3 months?
Will Safe Network launch within the next 3 seasons?
Will Safe Network launch within the next 3 years?
Will Safe Network launch within the next 3 leap years?
Will Safe Network launch within the next 3 decades?
Will Safe Network launch within the next 3… I’m not very aware of astronomical events beyond this.
Safe Network will launch within the time it takes to work out all the functions and bugs, which is looking to be extremely close, relative to the 14 years the idea has been put out there.

People should really be focused on when the first public test nets will start (rather than predicting launch) with AT2/CRDT etc.–whose projection is more like sometime this very year, if not the absolute beginning of next year. The time for launch will be much easier to predict once several of said test nets are iterated.

5 Likes

I still believe that no matter how great or amazing the product is, if it doesn’t happen in this next potential bull cycle, people won’t care and beyond that how much funding is really left for this to take until the end of 2022 or more.

1 Like

I don’t know about bull cycles etc. most of our investors are the original equity folks. They have waiting way way too long now and we have an obligation to them that must be satisfied very soon. I am confident we will do that, it’s cost many folk many years of frustration and I will owe those people and token holders a huge apology when we get there. It should never have taken this long and that’s on me for allowing deviations from the network as described by me in so many presentations, papers, patents and in code.

In any case the time is right now to launch quickly and progressively from simple testnets and consistent, re-publishable data. Then it’s upgrades and tweaks to some algorithms we cannot model which are mostly economics and everyone has an opinion there :slight_smile: I expect huge debates but we will cut through those quickly to avoid any insane heated debates.

36 Likes

My only point to the bull cycle(s) is it is far easier to gain attention as a product and increase in economic value (albeit some of it being artificial) during those times rather than be a one off in a space during down times. Perhaps this would be an outlier because it has all the components of great crypto without the blockchain.

I look forward to it :grin:

6 Likes

I agree. As long as there is progress and clear goals and access to trading the coin then the speculators can come in and help secure the runway and help fund more development and then maybe marketing when we likely need it. The longer we go not growing organically the more likely we are written off. We can do it though. Just have to do our part and support the team.

5 Likes

I posted this meme already but I think it is apropos. :racehorse:

4kni8d

11 Likes

I really think so.

I think if we can somehow get a raspberry pi or equivalent or better custom made device to each school child in the UK with a built in vault that would be great.

With the uncertain future, IT and computing skills may be needed to build the future economy.

The future economy may be a data economy, if we’re not there yet already.

The SAFENetwork may really end up saveing the day.

2 Likes

That’s your best one yet!

2 Likes

Thanks, I never know what people are going to like. I just run things up the flagpole and see who salutes. :racehorse:

:secretariat415:

1 Like

Let’s remember this meme too :wink:

16 Likes

Well I hope so but this seems super speculative to me :face_with_monocle:. It’s such a cool idea It really gets people excited but how did you arrive at 1.5 years for example?

Я поддерживаю, технология за которой будущее! проэкт будет очень успешным и это 1000% , говорю без фанатизма… I support the technology that is the future! the project will be very successful and it is 1000%, I say without fanaticism…

4 Likes

Please tell me how you can participate in the test and start the node? where to apply? when is it planned?

1 Like

Hi @viktrlamk - there is no test network at the moment - we are hoping there’ll be another one in the next few weeks.

4 Likes

Please tell me how you can participate in the test and start the node?.. Where to apply? when is it planned? \Подскажите пожалуста, когда можно будет запустить узел и участвовать в тестнет?

There are no dates to give. If you want to participate, follow the development updates which are posted every Thursday.

When the next test begins, an update will let you know when and how to participate. See Updates - Safe Network Forum

7 Likes

Спасибо большое! \ Thank you very much!

5 Likes