Why safecoin instead of Bitcoin?

@selenium1 and @goindeep

Safecoin is designed to be a part of, to balance and incentivize SAFE Network. Safecoin is an adjunct and integral part of the SAFE Network. There is no separate protocol for safecoin. The functions and capabilities of privacy, security and freedom are the purposes of the network. Safecoin is there to facilitate that.

[Edited here as I had the wrong def of vaporware] Yes, as of the moment safefcoin is not implemented, but it is not vaporware. It is much more than theoretical. The mechanisms to support it are part of the overall network functioning. It will be implemented in its correct sequence, which isn’t till other network functions are stable at a broad peer to peer level.

Patience. It’s all worth waiting for and there are many other preparations the community can and should be putting in place for when the underlying tasks are done.

Though it is not the final article, this post lays out the relative importances. Why Call It "Safecoin Magazine"?

I don’t blame anyone for being impatient. But this is no pump and dump. If the network doesn’t function as expected, safecoin will never materialize. If the network does, safecoin will be and have the capabilities attributed to it.

Bitcoin is not competition. It has its place and function. Other efforts do too. It’s not a zero sum game.

I personally think the SAFE Network will be a complete world-changing technology and safecoin will do things that other currencies can’t. Some will remain and some will die as a result. Don’t know which.

Again, patience–as hard as it is to have it. We’ll see.

Edit to add: Apropos of the thread, there is not reason for an “instead” except that bitcoin could not be used to incentivize the SAFE Network in any effective way.

9 Likes