Why is Safecoin price crashing like a rock?

That doesn’t make any sense. There would be less liquidity. Maybe more manipulation as well.

This is exciting and nerve racking at the same time. Perfect storm for lowering the price below IPO. I guess I’m an optimist and see it as a chance for the believers to be handsomely rewarded. It is definitely hard to trade my btc (almost breaking 300), but I already made the mistake of not following my gut (I talked myself out of buying 2k of bitcoin when it was $3).

Come on whales, lets see if we can dip below 1 cent:)

1 Like

Nothing can kill this coin, if you have these coins now, you should hold on to them more than Gold, silver or what else. The low price only means that your extremely lucky to be here at the moment. I’m 100% sure that a SAFEcoin is even more valuable than bitcoin. Because everything is being built around bitcoin to make it and the current internet look like the SAFE Network. But with all the hacks on the current internet, we know that party isn’t going to last long (it probably will for the people who are just use too and addicted to getting hacked).

It’s not the fiat price of the coin that’s important, that part is deception, because you only need enough fiat currency to make it go up or down on your command.

If Maidsafecoin would be at $0, you could still use the coin to do valuable things, that are beyond the spectrum of currency manipulation. Running apps cheap&secured is the new gold standard. To really understand what I mean, try to figure out how much computing/storage it costs a company like: Netflix or YouTube (Youtube cost a $100 M acording to this post from 2012 (I’m to lazy to search a recent pricatag)).

Apart from the impact that SAFEcoins will have on storage/computing. People & company will always look for a safe environment for their data. On the current internet people & company their idea of safe, is an ssl certificate or not making use of the internet at all. But as we get more and more hacks, I think the crowd might start moving to the SAFE Network and if you hold only one of these (MY PRECIOUS) tokens, you might be surprise what people are willing to pay you in fiat for that. 10 years from now with all the fiat currency manipulation (who knows in the meantime we’ll have another 2008 crash times 2), maybe internet citizens will speak a different money lingo (Pay me with computing & storage).

Maybe we should have a calculator app to see how much companies would save if they run their app on the SAFE Network, in comparison to Google,Amazon,Azure etc.

5 Likes

It is not clear that the devs can sell their MAID, so maybe before speculating on that you may want to ask whether that is possible.

What can you expect? The ones who still hold maidsafecoin are 100% on faith despite many negative indications. The project is a year late in producing a first version etc. so any normal investor would surely have called it quits already.

5 Likes
1 Like

Personally I think the money is taken out of this project temporarely by some investors to make extra money on the current bitcoin raise.

There was actually much news the latest month about different projects maturing.

• First sidechain from blockstream

• Lightening network (They want to reduce the blockchain size in the
    future by making open payment channels between two parties who can
    validate different transactions off-chain as long the payment channel
    is open

• Coloured coins/Coinprism/Colu – Coinprism released Openchain
    which gives the ability to have instant transactions with placing
    an anchor into the blockchain. Also they can do 2-way peg creating
    other chains (like sidechain)

• Factom released their first version to build on. (Their platform
    secures all kind off data also by placing an anchor into the
    blockchain)

• Gemini exchange went live (which gives corporations the ability to invest in bitcoin)

• EU court rules Bitcoin tax-free

I think things start to fall together for bitcoin but there are some hurdles to take because:

Sidechains needs 2 transactions to go from chain A → B
Lightening only usefull if the channel is open for as much transactions between the two involved parties as possible.

But by the end it makes people more and more start to believe in bitcoin.
The also have the biggest community.

7 Likes

Nicely said, 4M8B.
I’d only add that Ethereum and in fact many altcoins overpromised and underdelivered, making more speculators return to the default choice, BTC, making its price go up.

5 Likes

Hi eddy loved macho man as a kid I got few questions if u have few min

Well someone just bought 40BTC worth of maid. Now at 5750 from 4900 moments before.

1 Like

whales manipulate the orderbooks easily, I saw there were over 5 million maids on sell book, but it suddenly became 4.4 million and then pump started, so I guess that whale made those walls to get cheaper maid and when he got enough maid, he started to pump, sorry for those people who dumped maid under 5k sat yesterday. 0.01 per maid will be coming when SAFE network is mature.

1 Like

Maybe we can establish that the price is not crashing like a rock, because rocks don’t bounce like that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Guys do u think maidsafe in the near future will be the next big thing I’m thinking of putting few k dollar into it

3 Likes

of course, I already bought over half million maid in the early week of October, I am waiting for a million dollars from those coins haha

2 Likes

I’m a noob when it comes to buying I’m totally new to this…someone mentioned to me maidsafe and I have a good feeling about them now I just gotta figure out how to buy em where to store them and where to keep a look on stock prices

1 Like

If you’re a noob, don’t buy. Or, more precisely, don’t buy more than you can afford to lose without getting pissed off. Not just MAID, but any crypto thing.

Even if I’ll have to grovel through the city streets I’ll keep these coins… (It’s alomost so far :cold_sweat: )

Some weeks ago I put my last penny’s into Bitshares which I think actually delivered (and I thought it was backed by the Chinese community) but I’m again into loss.

The rule is don’t invest what you can’t afford but then I didn’t have to invest @ all, so I took the risk and till now this isn’t working out… :rage:

So let’s say I buy a thousand dollar worth my q is do I always have those coins let’s say I come back and check in a year will I still have those coins

Yes, but the question is whether they would be worth anything. Maybe they would be worth 0.
Again, this is not specific to MAID, but applies to any crypto tokens.

If you buy them now be sure to make several backups of your bitcoin wallet.