Why is maidsafe.org using clicktracker in activation mail?

maidsafe.org seems to be delivering the activation mails using Mandrill. In the activation mail I received (and probably all others, too), the activation link was labeled safenetforum.org/…, but linked to clicktracking by mandrillapp.com.

I know one should not view HTML mails in the first place, but still: Could the click tracking link be removed? Having this when the whole idea of maidsafe is about being anonymous is clearly counter intuitive and looks very unprofessional to me.

Edit by @frabrunelle: Changed MaidSafe to maidsafe.org to refer to this forum specifically

This is the org site (community) and not MaidSafe but point taken. I think this may be part of the hosting package discourse provides. Soon we will all be off this I hope and onto a SAFE version of such sites.

5 Likes

It would be really cool to do this in test net 3 or beta already!

1 Like

Yes, the emails of maidsafe.org are sent through Mandrill. But that part is handled by Discourse Hosting in our case. So I don’t really have a way to change it myself. I could ask Discourse Hosting to change it, but I don’t think it’s such a big deal (but if you insist, I’ll ask them).

1 Like

Francis just talked to us about this.

We’ve now disabled click and open tracking for your emails.
We enabled it by default / we weren’t doing anything with the data.

5 Likes