Why are you excited about MaidSafe?

I’m not following what you’re asking. Could you explain further?

Sorry, I was following dlasoffs post and it appears to be advertising for an app on safe network which would give users 99% of revenue back, 1% going to the app which is acting as a middleman between artists and consumers. (correct me if I am wrong). My question was about what distinguishes this from spam? If it is informative/useful/cheap/promotes safecoin or whatever is irrelevant to what I’m getting at.The web post was railing against middlemen, so I was also asking what the distinguishing aspects were. I’m asking:
A) Is this advertising/Spam or not?
B) If not, why not?
C) Are we Ok with advertising/Spam on the forum?
D.) Can we/should we distinguish and how?
E) At what point does information become spam?
F. What distinguishes dlasoff from a middleman? (in response to dlasoff)

Hope that helps, I’m not accusing anyone I’m just asking what I think are pertinent questions, given the whole reason for Maidsafes existence -sorry for being unclear.

My concern really, is that at some point in the future we become flooded with links to the best new app that provides a for- profit service when a non or low profit app would do same job but put more back into economy. The paid app would get more free advertising here at the other’s expense - just based on how good you are at PR. Is this a concern or not is the issue in a nutshell.

1 Like

I think, maybe, you deal with that when it becomes a nuisance. The post definitely reads like an ad, but it also doesn’t exist yet ( @dllasoff isn’t a developer/coder). So it could also be seen as just getting people involved on a project.

I think at this point in time, at most, it’s just in the wrong thread. Should be tagged under projects. Although you could argue he’s expressing his excited about Maidsafe because of this project. Either way, though, probably belongs under the Projects tag.

2 Likes

I’m excited because:

1. maidsafe is about sharing resource. we can do a lot as people if we learn to share.
  2. it’s empowering to all inviduals.
  3. I think maidsafe will be here for a long time.
  4. maidsafe’s model is more sustainable… core developers, builders, angel inverstors, farmers etc get paid. I believe, 100% premined is a scam, 0% premined is unsustainable just a pump and dump.
  5. maidsafe opened a fairer platform for internet. Big tech companies snoop on you/each other for thier advantage and to control the minds of younger generations and sometimes in the expense of un knowing individuals.
  6. maidsafe community has the most mature thinkers in the crypto industry, as far as I’m concern.
  7. maidsafe technology of course is brialliant idea… Proof of resource concept is fantastic.
  8. maidsafe founders/core dev are I think honest, transparent… By the way, if something does not work, dont be ashamed, be open… stuff happens… everything can be remedied.
  9. a lot more…:slight_smile:
3 Likes

I totally agree, I was just coming back to suggest same/similar thing. That way people know where to look for app promotions, links to personal blogs etc. Somebody else mentioned having a thread for where people with app ideas but can’t code can meet (idea - less…lol) coders, which would be good too.

3 Likes

To give the most populated country in the world; china, their internet back.

4 Likes

For 20+ years I have been dissatisfied with the status quo for ordinary working people like me. At last! This is it! A solution which offers the possibility of freedom from the tyranny of bad government, bad management and bad decisions. Now we have to take this wonderful solution and make it real for everyone.

5 Likes

Just in case it’s not clear, I am completely against intellectual property and I am confident that we will see the end of IP in a few years.

IP: copyright, trademarks, patents, industrial design rights and trade secrets.

So Maidsafe defensive patents will need to be surrendered?

1 Like

Well there really was no choice, you either patent something or someone else will and prevent you from using it. Get rid of intellectual property laws and you won’t have this problem; no need to use patents.

1 Like

Yes, I am oppose to all of these types of IP. I think the worst one is by far copyright followed closely by patents. I think patent and copyright should be abolished immediately.

Like I said earlier, I am excited by MaidSafe because it has the potential to make IP irrelevant.

I don’t think they are necessary. But I don’t really care if they insist on keeping them.

Fair enough, lets end it there…keep on topic.

I like the built in redundancy aspect of it, where I can publish my website(s) & not have to worry about server failure. Without having to buy gear to do load balancing & DRBD, & all that.

1. No government or organization can take down your content
  2. NSA resistant
  3. Global free speech zone
  4. Resource sharing is more efficient, servers require a lot of energy
  5. Low barrier to entry, no expensive server, AWS, VPS etc.
  6. No need for backups
  7. Integral load balancing
  8. No network or db admin costs
  9. No need for replication or mirror sites
  10. No Certificate Authorities
  11. No DNS servers
  12. No registrars

I hope my assumptions are correct, let me know if am misinterpreting anything

4 Likes

I know that with such a network, knowledge will be so accessible.
That, so much of what I’ve been studying for the past 3 years will be realized:

Professor is taking down most publications, since last we spoke; Yet, these publications keep showing up somewhere. I know where there is still a nice catalog of original works.

The blue prints for flying saucers even, the ones that move at the speed of light; the first lesson, and first sentence:

“Speed does not kill, it is acceleration that kills. You can travel any of the fastest speeds, even many times the speed of light.”
-Alexander Bolonkin

Electronic Civilization, Human Immortality.

It will be possible for such a person to travel huge distances at the speed of light. The information of one person like this could be transported to other planets with a laser beam and then placed in a new body.
Human Immortality and Electronic Civilization
-Alexander Bolonkin

1 Like

Dude if you like Bolonkin you would love Ray Kurzweil.

He talks about many of the same topics (light travel, immortality, nanotechnology), with extremely similar stances,

But also talks about the steps from here to there, especially those within the next two to three decades,

With our exponentially growing tech/knowledge.

Check him out on google and YouTube :slight_smile:

Yes, it is a great subject to talk about; well from what I gathered from Ray Kurzweil is just much speculation, and Bolonkin well; He’s designed just about every single missile or at least the base in use in the USA and USSR. That, and also I also have favoritism because I know Bolonkin personally, lol.

Bolonkin is who Ray will model after; yet I’ll admit one of them has enough funds to make these techonologies happen, yet doesn’t; and the other know how to make them, though few people are ballsy enough to fully fund his ideas, outside of NASA… and places like this.

Essentially, MaidSafe has the potential to innovate as a payment system; a system I am more familiar with than blockchains… that is client to client and verified within that network, vs validation among all participants; and also information dissemination. A person can pay to read some material.
Ultimately, it is original ideas which are most powerful, more so than those borrowed from other individuals; some facts are essential as a foundation, but really; networks are what we make of them ourselves, if we feed SAFE Net with crap we’ll circulate crap. Let’s fill it with greatness.

5 Likes

That’s awesome that you know him man! Must have some unreal dinner conversations lol :smiley:

Kurzweil was developed the best speech to text recognition systems that exist today (bought out by Dragon/Nuance) and many other inventions.

He used knowledge of how our human brains do this and transferred that to machines.

That’s why we can talk into our smartphones today instead of typing out our words (as I’m doing now:)

He definitely has great experience transferring human brain skills to computers, and uses this to advance progress towards strong, general AI. And once we have that, there’s no telling how many problems (death, poverty, physics…anything, really) we’ll be able to solve incredibly quickly.

Not just a random dude, speculating :slight_smile:

But thanks for actually going out and checking him out!! Most people wouldn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

freedom is all we want

5 Likes

For it’s potential role in building a decentralized digital democracy, which may help create a more peaceful and fair world. Also generally having a more secure Internet which is beneficial for the majority for all sorts of reasons.

4 Likes

I grew up in Africa for most of my childhood and always asked why a place with so much more natural resources and beauty than the rest of the world is so much poorer than other places with much less of both, like the US and Europe.

I eventually learned that it was evil banking BS, corruption in politics and other evil greedy corporate $#!+,

And MaidSafe is the first time I’m seeing a real and permanent solution to that crap.

8 Likes