Who Wants to Earn Some BTC?

Are you adept at linux?
Do you want to earn some Bitcoin??

In all seriousness I just want to get the Alpha running. I’m new to linux. I’ve got Mint 18 up and running but can’t seem to get the alpha going. If anyone has some time to walk me through it I’d be happy to compensate with some BTC.

Let me know!

Maybe I can help, but send the money to the SAFEr Browser

Did you do the proxy setting?
With linux you should do some command line stuff

5 Likes

The SAFEr Browser is new to me. Does it work with Bitcoin?

I did the proxy setting as well as all of the command line stuff. I was expecting some sort of client application after running the commands but nothing even showed up in my directory. I didn’t encounter any errors while running the commands so i’m a bit lost as to why it’s not working.

Thanks for your time.

Hmmmm with this I mean if I help you figure this out, you can donate so that we can have a SAFE Network browser made. [quote=“LNC, post:3, topic:10792”]
I did the proxy setting as well as all of the command line stuff. I was expecting some sort of client application after running the commands but nothing even showed up in my directory. I didn’t encounter any errors while running the commands so i’m a bit lost as to why it’s not working.
[/quote]

I assume that you have already downloaded the SAFE Launcher + demo app can you double click on the exe files?

1 Like

I see, I’d be more than happy to donate.

I downloaded the SAFE Launcher + demo app via command line and got nothing in my directory. I then tried just downloading the x64 version from github and saved it but even then there’s no .exe.

This is what I’m working with.

When you double click on “safe_launcher” what happens?

I’ll get on Ubuntu and try to fool around

I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The binaries are installed in /usr/bin so you won’t find them where you ran the install. You should be able to run them as follows, from the command line:

safe_launcher

Now create your account. Then…

safe_demo_app

Good luck!

EDIT: If just running the commands didn’t start anything, please point us to the command line instructions you followed to do the install.

5 Likes

To be honest it works super easy on Ubuntu

I just downloaded the SAFE Launcher and did the proxy setting and I could visit a SAFE Website, is there a way that you could try this on Unbuntu, there is also a bootable usb

1 Like

Success!

Thank you!

I used the command line instructions directly from http://maidsafe.net/alpha.html
I still never got anything in my directory after running them. What I screen shotted showed up after saving the x64 .tar from github. But like I said, I’m completely new to linux so the error could be between the keyboard and the chair :grin:

EDIT: @happybeing do you have a BTC address I can send some $$ to? Or any kind of donation of your preferance?

7 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions. Once I get up and running I’ll be sure to donate to SAFEr Browser in your name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry that I coulden’t help you quicker, luckily there are hero’s like @happybeing around :stuck_out_tongue:

Have fun bro ( I foolishly assume that your a bro)

2 Likes

Huh I just got the SAFE launcher to start on a bootable usb by just double click in my downloads directory

3 Likes

Hmm… I guess you win some and you lose some. This isn’t the first issue i’ve had getting programs to run on mint so maybe it has something to do with my install. Anyway, can you link me to SAFEr Browser so I can submit a donation?

No need to donate, thanks are enough. Maybe “Pay it forward” if you get the chance.

This is a place where questions are welcome and people are happy to help because they believe this project is important, and like to help each other.

3 Likes

Absolutely! I’ve been inactive for awhile but as soon as I heard the alpha was up I needed to get a piece
It’s nice to come back and be instantly reassured about how great of a community there is around MaidSafe.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Here is the address and thanks

Totally agree, just your present here is already valuable to us all :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You guys are awesome!
I could probably do some digging through the forums and find the answer to this but any chance you’d point me to the best exchange where I can transfer BTC to MAID? I’ll need to setup a wallet too… Noob life!