Where does the content reward money come from?

I disagree. I believe that not only some in this community, but the devs who are currently writing the Safecoin Implementation RFC (@Viv & @anon86652309) think that there’s something wrong with the way that SAFE rewards work.

The application developer rewards are seen as a good start to pay creators of applications on the app popularity, measured via its use. This design incorrectly identifies the measure of use as the number of GET requests the app carries out. A better solution should be found for this measure.
Proposed RFC 0012 - Safecoin Implementation

I requested that the OP be split from it’s former place in the SAFE Apps Site thread specifically in order to address these exact issues. I saw my opening and took it.

What I believe should be discussed here is where the content reward money comes from - as the title states. As I’ve pointed out, I believe that it comes from the apps’ and users’ wallets.

User to user payments are easy and have been already considered when designing the network. App to user payments, not so much.

So the first half of the question is already solved for us. Unfortunately, the second half has broader implications, and to solve this question, other policies have to be considered first. These policies include the way SAFE app rewards work - both

1. From the Network to the app devs (app wallet?)
  2. From the app devs (app wallet?) to the content creators

Without considering those policies deeply, we can not have a thorough understanding of where content reward money comes from.

1 Like