When is MaidSafe Launching?

This is spot on and a reason we switched to Jira. It will help a lot (already has) as we move to sprint based deliverables.

The part folk find hard though is we cannot deliver partially an autonomous network. So that part needs to be 100%. This is why we are using the refactor we are completing just now to deliver very basic but solid functionality.

I have been like an evil axeman and cutting away parts to be delivered as the network and vaults are very stable and very easy to upgrade. This is what the last few weeks has been about.

Then you will see sprints for messaging (again) safecoin, client API parts etc. (Viv and the team there have been hidden by us in the core side and that must frustrate the life out of them) and these will involve core devs app devs marketing admin deign community etc. basically everyone.

So we need testnett3 started again and then we can deliver smaller chunks on top of the network. We have a ton of stuff already done, so sprints will be very clean and clear for all to see. Its another reason for looking at rust, a sprint in c++ is very hard to have a deliverable in a week or two weeks (max sprint really should be two weeks).

This part has been very hard in house with many folks very agitated and much more fighting than usual as nerves are exposed with the refactor. This is hard but it needed done. I was very demanding there as we had too much code and had found some very basic but powerful algorithms. So the next few weeks will see the testnet3 up, but hopefully you will see more than that, bus weekly progress again and not refactoring (which his always an alarm bell situation, many times it means rewrite, we got it wrong).

So until the testnet3 is up its almost impossible to state dates and we try very hard no to for good reason. After than though sprints will happen and crucially as you say we deliver, but perhaps reduced functionality, but deliver is the key. Everyone benefits then community and the devs who get very little thanks for this effort they have put in since November, it has been herculean and also tough as I have never been tough but have had to be and that is new and hopefully over :smile: I am sure if it were not the guys would slit my throat :wink:

8 Likes