Whatsapp blocked in Brazil! Lets put MaidSafe to work ASAP!

I don’t know why I even bother. :weary:… Forgive me janitor. I have failed…:cry:

OK, thanks for explaining. The reason you can’t and I can see government using this, is because we have different views of government.

I do not see government as only ever interested in control and secrecy. We’re seeing the pendulum swing in that direction at the moment - but even then, it need not be in all areas that government operates. Though if it was, the thing with pendulums is that once they’ve gone to one extreme, they reverse and move in the other direction. There are cycles in everything of this nature - definitely in government.

Also, let’s not forget that not all governments are at the same point in the “swing” - diversity is usually present in complex uncoordinated systems - phase differences mean that some places on earth have governments that are out of step with the cycle we’re experiencing here etc.

The world is very complex.

1 Like

Happybeing, did I ever tell you that you’re awesome? Cuz you are! Restoring faith and hope wherever ye tread.:smile: Thank you for reminding some of us of the complexity of this world. Most of us require a refresh periodically.:wink: Totally reasonable. This world has the capacity to jade even the most exuberant.:disappointed:

1 Like

Thanks, I need reminding of that myself. Not to boost my already enormous ego, but to release me from its grip, and remind me that we’re all awesome. Every one of us. Have a great day awesome @Tonda and awesome @janitor!

1 Like

Linux is effectively free why don’t you see governments switching their operating systems and using that instead of Windows?

@happybeing forgive me but I think you are naive. Government is by definition about control, and secrecy is a form of control, so is giving the peasants and vassals their bread and circuses and their nice toys like healthcare and welfare. But nothing comes for free. Government never actually GIVES you anything, they just take with one hand and give it some back, hopefully most of it, with the other. Government, as in to govern, to control, to rule. If it wasn’t about control and ruling they wouldn’t call it government. The government doesn’t care about you. They don’t give you welfare or healthcare or all these nice “humanitarian” things because they care. They give you these things in exchange for power. If they bring in these programs then they get votes. Votes = power. Power like higher pay cheques and more influence and more decisions.

Our legal concept of ownership is still based on that of dark ages fuedalism for crying out loud where no one but the king (state) can actually own land. Serfs (citizens) can possess land but not actually own it. Look into it sometime. Look into what you actually own rather than to what you merely hold possession of. Democracy is a complete sham. Once you introduce lobbying it’s little more than a fast track spiral into fascist oligarchies.

Most human beings want security, their base needs met and freedom. They just want to go about their daily lives. They do not want to go off to war, they do not want to go fight in some cruisade, unless taught so they really don’t care about skin colour, creed or language because for the most part it doesn’t matter. If that guy over there wearing the funny hat or of the different shade of brown or speaking that weird language will buy my newly baked pie what do I care? If that hot girl is yellow, white, or black what does it matter so long as she’ll sleep with me? What does it matter what that dude across the ocean, or even across the street, worships as it’s none of my business? Unless they get up in my face it really doesn’t matter. No what gets people CONFLICTING with one another is politics, it’s government, it’s those wanting to rule one another and build armies whether we call them political parties, nations or churches.

What’s my point? If you believe in governing others, if you believe it’s okay to compel others to align with your will you are inherently violent and creating conflict. That is the core nature of government. It doesn’t matter if 9 out of 10 people get together and say something is okay and then force the 10th to comply, they’re still advocating violence.

I’d say it would be better to have a system of association and disassociation rather than that of enforcement and complience.

3 Likes

You seriously have some pent up anger. :blush: While I do agree with a lot of what you wrote, I feel it was misplaced. If you had properly interpreted what was written by sir happybeing, you would have understood he was pointing to technical operations as opposed to pure governing intent.

Governments come in many varieties. Consider that while governments fundamentally control their population, they are enabled by their peer group. In the case of a democracy, ephemeral control and accountability limits the influence of any particular interest. Backroom collusion and persistent agendas being the means by which long term goals are realized. Every system has it’s flaws. That doesn’t mean they’re not those with genuine desire to steer their populous in a positive direction while still adhering to a widely accepted definition of morality.

There’s black, white, and every shade in between. Those gaming the system fear uncontrolled dissemination of information as much as those who truly understand the implications of weapon schematics reaching nihilist psychopaths. The one with positive intent unwittingly provides cover for the other. Achieving a perfect balance is the difficult road humanity as a whole has been walking for centuries. As long as we maintain direction, tyrants will inevitably find themselves on inhospitable ground. I’m sure you know the rest…:sleeping:

Honestly, I’m tired as hell. I don’t ever sleep very much. Right now I’m gonna eat a chimichanga laced with some meth crystals and cheese doodles. Then to bed I go. Wish me luck! I’m hoping for outer body experience. :grin:

They already are and there are plans to try and standardise public sector documents and move to more open source format. Governments are big ships that change course very slowly.

4 Likes