What’s up today? (Part 1)

It seems some things for sure won’t change really, Mark Z: “Interoperability. People should be able to use any of our apps to reach their friends, and they should be able to communicate across networks easily and securely.”

7 Likes

143 years ago today the telephone was patented by Scottish inventor Alexander Graham Bell.

12 Likes

Bell did also a lot of experimentation in Nova Scotia, Canada. I’ve visited the museum there.

9 Likes

Cute. Not gonna work. Nothing will.

You’d have to replace all of you to be able to hide.

New hairstyle every day. Fake beard. Mask to obscure facial bone structure. Props to alter body proportions. Pebbles in your shoes to change your gait. True, shades can help some too.

And, of course, no phone ever again, and have all your wireless devices set up to routinely and frequently switch to random MAC addresses. You’ll also have to say goodbye to all online services and use the Safe Network inclusively instead, but I believe that’s already a given on this forum.

1 Like

Interesting read, reminds me of Stuxnet.

7 Likes

The law targets online posts and comments specifically.
About the importance of anonymity…

18 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

Happy Birthday WWW! :partying_face:

A letter from its founder

11 Likes
7 Likes

And in an article like that they manage NOT to mention Safenetwork once…they even mention articles that talk about the Decentralised Web Summit, with those article NOT containing any mention of Safenetwork (they talk about Beaker browser though…and Silicon Valley of course…).
Are we being ignored? Or is this project so ambitious nobody thinks Maidsafe will manage to deliver? Or what…?

2 Likes

This is the perfect case of Confirmation bias… we people are blind to what we do not want to see even if it is before us …

3 Likes
19 Likes

Radicle: A decentralized alternative to GitHub built on IPFS

9 Likes
1 Like

I think this might scare some people away from crypto and makes me wonder if that’s the point.

3 Likes
1 Like