What’s up today? (Part 1)

What'sUpToday

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Hey, ‘life hack’ enthusiasts.Think you’re organised? You’ve got nothing on Stephen Wolfram :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seeking the Productive Life: Some Details of My Personal Infrastructure

2 Likes

An interesting and entertaining rant against YouTube’s Kafkaesque policies on YouTube

YouTube Is Punishing Content Creators For Comments Left On Their Videos

Does giving them your bank details not pretty much count as KYC?

:rofl: this just had me in stiches

Very off-topic I apologise but it did remind me of @Viv so I will use that to justify :wink:

2 Likes

Not quite if they do not verify some form of photo ID. You could use for example someone else’s account if for example you owed them money.

But for authorities finding you out, well that depends on you using your own bank account and not say a bitcoin dealer who pays you cash for that (keeping their cut of course)

1 Like

Probably a rubber-hose attack:

A very interesting series about our future
Let me know what you think about it

2 Likes

And people are still wondering why Satoshi Nakamoto stayed pseudonymous…

2 Likes

A regular USB cable, except it isn’t…

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

from the comments:

Maybe we shouldn’t moderate this shit. Like, I absolutely don’t want to see it, but maybe we’re just hiding how fucked up we are as a society. […] and we’re forced to face the true extent of our depravity so we can actually talk about the issues and find ways to fix them.

SafeNet anyone?

This is such a ridiculous fallacy - that people need to be exposed to things like Neo Nazi ideology to realize how bad it is. The Exposure Effect is very real, and very much applies here.

Regardless - the problem is that the people that want people to see this type of thing will spam it incessantly - often in the worst places (e.g., children’s sites, survivor sites, Jewish heritage, etc.) The horrible assholes of our society would do their damnedest to make their platform as big as possible, even if they truly are small minority. There is also already enough noise out there already, no need to add more to it just because it is covered in shit.

How about a reputation system to only show “good” content?

3 Likes

Streamr’s Monoplasma :unicorn:

:stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

There is no such thing as free money. That is just basic personal responsibility and common sense

2 Likes