What’s up today?

UBI is pointless without away to combat rent seeking (e.g land value tax or free market alternative). We have known this for over 2 centuries, yet still it seems mostly ignored. You may as well cut out the middle men and give the cash straight to the land owners.

“The rent of land, therefore, considered as the price paid for the use of the land, is naturally a monopoly price. It is not at all proportioned to what the landlord may have laid out upon the improvement of the land, or to what he can afford to take; but to what the farmer can afford to give.” — Adam Smith, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations, Book I, Chapter XI “Of the Rent of Land”

Not ignored but deliberately not touched. Remember the law makers are those land holders in 99% of cases

https://www.sec.gov/news/speech/peirce-regulation-view-inside-machine

Hester Peirce,

Yet many of these projects begin in a centralized manner that looks about the same as any other start-up. A group of people get together to build something and they need to find investors to fund their efforts so they sell securities, sometimes called tokens. The SEC applies existing securities laws to these securities offerings, which means that they must be conducted in accordance with the securities laws or under an exemption. When the tokens are not being sold as investment contracts, however, they are not securities at all. Tokens sold for use in a functioning network, rather than as investment contracts, fall outside the definition of securities.

Interesting article,

I’ve always personally seen the need to keep all transactions forever as a huge bottleneck that can be eliminated.

I guess that’s what sharding is in a way, but I’ve always thought that taking that to it’s most extreme, wherein all transactions are only held temporarily through getting it’s confirmations by enough nodes, and then being deleted, is the best way to make a blockchain-style system of efficient “cash.”

Still not as good as SafeCoin, but not sure why this hasn’t been turned into a crypto yet.

Or has it? Does anyone know about that?

Basically, a blockchain that only uses nodes to confirm data in a decentralized way, to verify tx’s / ensure balances are justified, but doesn’t store the logs long term.

Seems many magnitudes more efficient and scalable than current options, until SafeCoin comes out ofc (which basically does that too).

But such design choices would limit its use cases, and be best fit for a scalable, light, digital cash system than anything else.

So even if Maidsafe was in the USA the MaidSafeCoin is not an investment token and thus not a security. Which does not apply to MaidSafeCoin anyhow since they are not from the USA anyhow

Which is what many/most of us already knew.

Doubt it since it’d need a network to support it. safecoin and the safenetwork dovetail together

At this point it is not used in a functional network so I would guess that it will still be considered a security in the US.

Does not say the functional network has to be existing. The fact it is being built is enough for that statement. Just like the government sells tokens for the new toll bridge being built - the token are not securities. Or buying apartments in an unbuilt apartment building being built (ie token of the coming apartment) are not securities.

Also other statements by that department has also ruled out maidsafecoin as a security

But I am not a lawyer and the securities department can rule against their own guidelines anyhow, so no statement by them can be used

The network for this type of chain could definitely exist as miners earn crypto from processing the transactions. Just no long term holding of data, so no large 100gb node to sync.

All very lightweight, efficient and sustainable

That’s more what layer 2 (ie lightning network) is than sharding. In a sharded network, each shard would still keep the whole history for that shard, but the whole history of the network is split across different shards.

As far as pruning goes, I think mimble wimble is highly pruned by design, but forget the specifics of how. See the recently launched Grin network.

I think there an argument that MaidSafeCoin is a ‘futures contract’ while Safecoin will be a ‘utility token’, but I’m not going to get into a debate about it! So :microphone: :droplet: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Carmack continues to be excited about Rust :smiley:

First SAFE.DataStore C# nuget package released. (Indexed and searchable database on SAFENetwork).

Short video tutorial (14 min) walking through how to create an application using the database.

Would this be a good test for Alpha 3 if it was running when this happened?

Nation states cannot be trusted to preserve free access to data. They are middlemen who need to be cut out. Helpfully, SAFENetwork can continue this process.

How to really block the tech giants…

The people who voted to leave in the referendum either had “a feeling of nostalgia for the past, are racist or are stupid,” Smart said. Regardless, he added he had “no sympathy at all” for them.

Sigh. Would like to read something objective and level-headed about Brexit for a change.

I agree that the Smart guy is not really trying to be objective here, but the Japanese journal makes clear that it is quoting him and have tried to explain his back story, so you can understand his sentiment.

The Tienditas Bridge “blockade”

Or how to turn an unopened bridge into an international news story to build support for your coup
https://medium.com/@justin.emery/the-tienditas-bridge-blockade-f240728fe5f7