What’s up today? (Part 1)

Someone stole that video and posted it again on youtube. Happens a lot, also with Maidsafe vids.
Original was posted here New Youtube video about Maidsafe - #37 by nevel

4 Likes

Time travel hey :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Could be:

But more realistic: my internal calendar hasn’t adjusted to 2019 yet.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Sorry, but this sounds total bull. On so many levels.
Bitcoin and USD are no comparison and won’t be for long, if ever.
Also, 8% of Russian economy already crypto based?
What kind of madness is this…

2 Likes

It’s a strange story, that’s for sure. I certainly wouldn’t take it at face value. Maybe some sort of attempt to pump the market? Who knows?

Or it is a way how to see if there are some partners to trade with.

@krnelson this is not something we have planned for the nearest future, but it is definitely something to look into and keep in mind.

Currently we rely on encrypted data randomness and that you can’t identify that this is SAFE net traffic. Potentially there could be different scenarios, where only specific services are whitelisted, e.g. HTTP. In those cases tunneling data through different transports would save the day.

Anyway, if it’s feasible to have pluggable transports, depends on how restrictive ISP firewalls are around the globe. Which currently I don’t have the data in my hands for. So I’ll refrain myself from speculating any more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I tend to think the same of most things published in msm to be honest.

You mean partners for Russia proper to trade with?
Cryptocurrencies are both illiquid and crazy volatile.
Not even institutional investors will touch them.
A nation state?
LMAO

The project Safetrade which hijacked the Safecoin name last year claims they have been hacked. There are some wild discussions on their bitcointalk page and in their discord. Members are saying that they don’t think they will get their funds back, that the Safetrade team might be behind the attack, that the team insults and bans members which ask unconfortable questions. This might be very good for us and Maidsafe, hopefully it will open up further possibilities!

I noticed something was wrong when I looked up Saftrades Safecoin statistics and saw that their komodo-copy exchange didn’t have had any trade volume for several days.

@nicklambert this post might be of interest to you.

11 Likes

Thanks as ever for the heads up, I’ll take a look

5 Likes

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/maidsafecoin-maid-price-trading-topic/9923/6115?u=future

This is a huge problem
Edit: posted in the wrong topic. Wanted to post on What’sUpToday

5 Likes

Sorry for everyone who got burnt here.

I’m glad to have moved away from there completely a while ago. I became very doubtful when they had begun delaying withdrawals, clearly for liquidity reasons, and gave people some outrageous BS. That’s when I realized they were crooked alright. I wouldn’t take their word for anything, ever.

2 Likes

Fake News: Why Russia is Probably Not Planning a $10 Billion Bitcoin Buy

5 Likes

such surprise lmao :rofl:

2 Likes

Could be moment to increase volume on OpenLedger DEX.

1 Like

Excellent thanks @povilasb yes that’s all that required at this stage to help keep the transport design at least open to the option for when (unfortunately) it becomes required for some user/regions. Be much harder to later redesign for pluggable transport support once the network is live.

Here is a previous post linking to some stats from around the globe: it is definitely a growing problem. Unfortunately ISP’s are increasingly just throttling any traffic they can’t recognise so the option to switch transports to one on the ISP’s “approved” list would be invaluable…

3 Likes

Is that one where someone has control over the contract.
And could possibly lock the coins away or withdraw them?
Like the ones discussed in the pdc thread.