What’s up today? (Part 1)

1 Like

Etherium … The coin that jumped from under $1.00 to over $300 in a short space of time… roll back attack.

This shouldn’t happen with a crypto currency.

When SAFENet launches, we are going to see some serious financial gain.

2 Likes

Btw I think the article refers to ethereum classic, not ethereum

3 Likes
1 Like

Only if it’s divisible.
giphy%20(1)

Fairly sure your right there, or the would just fix it like the dao.

1 Like

This is interesting

1 Like

You’ve seen this story in the press recently.
Now imagine how SAFEnetwork will change the world once people have security and anonymity.
Technology changes lives.

‘Twitter changed the game against what he wished for me’: Saudi who fled to Bangkok reveals video ‘showing Kingdom official saying Thailand should have taken her phone’ after social media saved her

1 Like

I can’t see why safecoin would not be. It has always been in the plan to implement this.

1 Like

If cryptokitties boomed though it was shitty, I think this will be epic. Seems it’s having quite relevance on twitter. This will be funny

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3068962/chinas-government-starts-issuing-fines-for-vpn-use

3 Likes

Freedom House, meanwhile, suggests that between 20 million and 30 million in China - out of a population of more than 1.4 billion - got round the Great Firewall in 2018

That’s a lot of new income for the government since the fine is roughly 150$ :smiley:
Anyway, really interesting to see where this leads to cause my guess is that the Chinese government could easily make a new law that bans the use of say SAFE network which potentially could scare away users from China :confused:

2 Likes

Just speculation or huge?

4 Likes

I’d take that one with a large grain of smelling salts. If true and he somehow knew, then he’d be in trouble if they hadn’t already done it. That said, they are going hog-wild on alternatives… check out their gold reserves, investments in developing arable organic farmland with output going straight to china, etc.

1 Like

If there is any government that goes all-in on cryptocurrency, it would be Russia :grinning:

It’s a good time to invest in BTC considering the bottomed-out price. And if Russia does this the market would boom - and the people who bought BTC at $20k a year ago may finally make their money back :smile:

Speculation, but fun anyway.

5 Likes

Or they already have their dough in and this is the attempt to cause a bull run to cash out their bacon.

3 Likes

If I understand it correctly, the current law would be sufficient:

He was prosecuted under a public security law introduced in 1997 that forbids access to the ‘foreign internet’ without permission.

While the law is more than 20 years old, it has rarely been enforced until now

It indeed all depends how a law is/could be enforced.
If thew now start with also fining individuals using a VPN, it will be an extra deterrant. But if the chances of being caught stay low and the fine isn’t too big, I doubt it will have a big effect.
Maybe they will introduce a new law to make it even more stricter or make the fine bigger. That is the easier part, but enforcing that law on a big scale not so.

And isn’t the SAFE Network designed to make it as difficult as possible to block it?

1 Like

Maidsafe team, you never stop surprising us! This is super exciting! :tada: :partying_face: :clap:

19 Likes

I hope that first app after Alpha 3 will be some nice chat with some features.

7 Likes