What’s up today? (Part 1)

Wouldn’t say it is written in Java and C#, those are just some available bindings, so that could be edited as well (i.e. leaving Rust only there).

1 Like

Interesting discussion on Dartlang @happybeing . My understanding is that going forward it is preferable to have just one VM running in the browser, and that VM should probably be the standards based Web Assembly (WASM) vs running say Dart VM + WASM VM. Not sure if you can yet target WASM when compiling Dart but imagine that will be a thing as WASM matures. Rust targeting WASM might be the preferable alternative for Safe in the short term however.

2 Likes

Good points Keith @krnelson

Many options are good. I think which is best depends on lots of factors, and in my case that is usually what interests me most at the time! :wink:

1 Like

Looks like somebody provided the fix! Would be great to see this built out :slightly_smiling_face: Looks like the page could be expanded to explain the network in great detail by adding a ‘Technical Design’ section much like Freenet has. Just a suggestion to anyone with editing chops or fundamental understand of the network, @mav @neo
Unless it’s too early for that.

Sites that mention the SAFE Network and should link.

Sites that are currently linked

I think there are many more sites that should mention SAFE too which might be nice to compile a list of.

5 Likes

@anon63178599 there is some political stuff in it.

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thanks for the trigger warning!
It’s about censoring one thing: psychoactive political memes that wake people up from the matrix.
Putin explained what’s at stake in 2013 at the Valdai Club.

1 Like

Some interesting thoughts on the hurdles to dApp adoption.

Saying because it is ‘decentralised’ or that it uses cryptocurrency (which they may not have any interest in) is simply not enough.

8 Likes

I have to post this pic from the article for those who don’t read it. Too good to miss. Thousand words and all that.

32 Likes

This is actually genius. Which article is it?

1 Like

JPL’s post above the picture :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

LOL 20 characters. Twenty chars.

1 Like

It would be great to have a StackExchange section for Web Data (#RDF #LinkedData), but it is quite hard to get going - as we found out when we tried to do this for SAFEnetwork.

If you agree, you can help it happen by asking some questions and upvoting others you would like answered, here: Proposal Removed - Area 51 - Stack Exchange

4 Likes

Good news for SAFENetwork though - both magnet sites and safe links could be hosted anonymously and be immutable.

2 Likes

re bancor I have a hard time getting my head around the idea that a function that needs an arbitrarily set constant to govern the supply/demand curve could be a viable substitute to a classic, limit order book based, exchange. It’s great if it works, a real game changer indeed, and I wish them all the best. However, I can’t imagine their algorithm won’t get exploited, not through bugs but by gaming the basic mechanism.

1 Like
  1. MAIDMaidSafeCoinCreators of SAFE network. Pay once to upload, Store forever digital economy.

Bancor simply automates conversion, the big picture is that cryptocurrency as a whole is getting gamed. There is no free market that’s governed by supply/demand, because whoever holds more currency always dictates the prices of things, unless your token becomes resource based.

Sure elites have billions of dollars, so dumb money down to time. Spend 1hour in our app/farming, receive 1hour /3600 tokens that you can use in the app. Hmmmm how do companies discover what this 1hour is worth? How about the minimum wage that they pay to their employees? Your minimum wage is $15/hour? Voilà there’s your contractual price discovery.

This token can buy me $15/hour of goods and services at your company. This is actually a stablecoin that I’m describing, but not based on a company printing tokens that’s pegged to fiat. Blablabla…