What’s up today? (Part 1)

Warring geopolitics is bound to have an affect on fiat, markets, etc. I can’t tell if The Guardian is failing to shame Bannon or embarrass itself.

Edward Snowden: “There are also more technical criticisms to be made here, beyond the scope of what we can reasonably get into. Suffice it to say cryptocurrencies are normally implemented today through one of two kinds of lottery systems, called ‘proof of work’ and ‘proof of stake,’ which are a sort of necessary evil arising from how they secure their systems against attack. Neither is great. ‘Proof of work’ rewards those who can afford the most infrastructure and consume the most energy, which is destructive and slants the game in favor of the rich. ‘Proof of stake’ tries to cut out the environmental harm by just giving up and handing the rich the reward directly, and hoping their limitless, rent-seeking greed will keep the lights on. Needless to say, new models are needed.”

Anyone at MS a friend of JPB?

7 Likes

Gold:
Screenshot%20from%202018-11-26%2002-32-35

“Proof of unique human?” :thinking:

“Lucky Turkeys”: (Snow) Peas & (Jullian) Carrots

1 Like
1 Like

Is it me? Or is this name (Maxwell) new? I can’t remember anyone mentioning it before…

11 Likes

Flemming = Alpha 3
Maxwell = Alpha 4

?

Edit: another great Scottish scientist.

18 Likes

Maxwell, one of the trio of great minds, Newton, Einstein and James Clerk Maxwell - Wikipedia Just from doon the road from here :wink: [edit ninja’d by @Zoki :smiley: :smiley: ]

21 Likes
2 Likes

Solves the bankruptcy rate for those who made huge profits trading in bitcoin but did not realise it into fiat. Remember tax man only looks at the end of year profits without concern that the stock/coin has dropped since.

1 Like
  1. You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig:
  1. Will this fuel the next round of crypto mania? If one thing has proven true,it is that over time people seem to quickly forget the painful lessons of the past (Mt. Gox —> USDT —> Combined Stablecoin) :woman_shrugging:t5:
3 Likes

From the article:
“Only DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, DHCPv6, and ICMPv6 services should be available on the LAN and WiFi interface.”

I really don’t know this stuff and I guess I’m just generally skeptical when it comes to governments’ intentions. But could this have any negative implications for P2P or SAFE protocols?

2 Likes

I don’t seen anything specified about UPnP (remember the Crust test…). Maybe that is irrelevant in this context? Or implicitly viewed as a bad practice to allow that with the default configuration?
Of course another question is the intention and the impact of such governmental guidelines, but that’s also mentioned in the article.

Only someone without a clue would suggest this. They cut off all sort of things.

email via smtp, time services via ntp, microsoft updates using bittorent, multiplayer gaming, and so many other services. Streaming (netflix) too would be gone.

In any case SAFE will be able to run of the http(s) port and seem like https to any home router.

9 Likes

M$ is using BT for updates? kool (like in the “Kool Desktop Environment”)
They would also kill telephones (SIP, RTC …) and WebRTC.

1 Like

If you have windows 10 then there is an option in the update settings to not use Microsoft servers but to grab updates from others and that is via BT. Some games my kids used to play used BT to do their updates too.

2 Likes

Jillian Assange… Let his cat go free.

Strange case…

He’s been self imprisoned for best part of a decade.

Originally had sex crimes claim against him.

It was denied that these aligations where a tool to get him eventually extradited to the US.

Sex crimes claims where dropped against him.

Now… it seems the US is making no secret of wanting to extradite him and could be working with equador on a deal!

Why all the lies? Look at the lengths the powers that be would go to to get you.

SAFENet came too late for whistle blowers.

Edit:. How long before we see SAFENet at the following website? Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore, and Tempora - PRISM Break - PRISM Break

2 Likes