What’s up today? (Part 1)

Unbelievable.

A good write-up why Rust is deemed more secure:

7 Likes
2 Likes

More interesting is the ISP throttling (differentiation) worldwide stats (technical details here).

We identified more than 20 ISPs around the world that shape traffic to lower speeds based on the application being used.

Is the SAFENet transport design leaving the door open to dropping in Pluggable Transport libs at a later stage? Beneficial SAFENet can stay ahead of these kind of ISP shenanigans…

3 Likes

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-264

The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced settled charges against two companies that sold digital tokens in initial coin offerings (ICOs). These are the Commission’s first cases imposing civil penalties solely for ICO securities offering registration violations. Both companies have agreed to return funds to harmed investors, register the tokens as securities, file periodic reports with the Commission, and pay penalties.

People ask me why I don’t use Facebook…

4 Likes

@wes That link threw me back to their main page. Maybe this link might be better

Hacker Breaks Down 26 Hacking Scenes From Movies & TV | WIRED

2 Likes

Precedent setting? Who is next?

1 Like

Posting for posterity.

“We reached out to Facebook and they told us as much: “Patents should never be taken as an indication of future plans”

Hmph. Of course not. And that is what’s wrong with the whole patent system.

1 Like

I’m sure Newt is a great asset to SAFE, what with his views on surveillance and censorship and all.

1 Like
1 Like

Do you know about the Awan case? Newt is just the messenger. Don’t miss the forest for the trees.

I guess there’s a chance they could come after Maidsafe or exchanges with MaidSafeCoin at some point.

1 Like

Interesting video from @whiteoutmashups :slight_smile: Very good job Will!

4 Likes

This technothriller was published a couple weeks ago. It’s about someone developing something very similar to the SAFE Network, giving users privacy and ownership over their own data. The government tasks a secret agency with preventing it from being launched at all cost. Just started reading it, seems fun. It’s part 2 of a series, the first part was about a social network rather than decentralised internet, but many characters and background story comes from book 1.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/safepress/status/1064156149518348288

13 Likes

SAFE Drive news: looking good! :slight_smile:

16 Likes