What’s up today?

5 hour interview with John Carmack :exploding_head:

4 Likes

A little gorilla marketing whenever possible :wink:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

11 Likes

Today I put up the 20,000th poster for the Safe Network. For every 100 posters I have walked an average of 5 km. 20,000 posters = 1,000 kilometers :dragon:

17 Likes
3 Likes

6 Likes

Quite incredible. Amazing work @Dimitar :clap: :pray:

17 Likes

Should be the first inductee in the Safe Network Forum Hall of Fame. :clap:

14 Likes

No competition there for sure. A real hero

12 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes

Yesterday on french TV: What is bitcoin?

Audience was split in 3 groups by age. Percentage of good answers by age:

• 16-29: 98%
  • 30-44: 97%
  • 45+: 79%
3 Likes

Interesting tweet and replies, including some threads there, on capital outflows from China. They sound a bit hysterical and my experience of predictions that say dire things are about to happen is that they are almost always wrong.

But I still read them! Because sometimes it costs little to act protectively, or they serve as a reminder to spread risk, be ready for shocks etc.

I had thought talk of China invading Taiwan was overblown regardless of its recent tantrum, but things do seem to be moving in that direction. General instability globally, China (against centuries of character) supporting expansionist Russia, mounting problems in China and the CCP, all fuelled by climate stresses. :man_shrugging:t2: Now money appears to be flooding out of China putting further pressure there which could ripple out rapidly with regional and global impacts (cf. supply chains for example).

Also the factual data this guy shares is useful, especially in a world where capital flows are crucial and yet they don’t make it into much reporting.

5 Likes

Factual but partial data. Capital outflows must be put in perspective. Yes, last month capital flow was -$80.2B, but balance of trade was +$101.26B and foreign exchange reserves are still substantial at $3.104T (July figures).

China is far from trouble.

5 Likes

Correct, China is very far from trouble.
No surprise we are getting all these “China is in trouble” stories. All this manufactured crap about internal dissent in the CCP, capital outflows etc etc. About as true as all these stories months ago about Putin suffering from cancer that we were all supposed to lap up.

It’s not China that is in trouble but those spreading the stories, whether those who owe money to China or those wo are holding the ever-shakier and ever less relevant dollar.
Couple this with the transparent distraction of Pelosi’s visit and it is clear the the US and those entities who control its finances are worried. Very worried. They have every right to be worried as BRICS expands to include >70% of the world population and the average person in EU/UK is getting tired of unconditional support for the corrupt regime in Kiev. Joe Punter knows fine well that the price hikes and shortages are caused by gouging capitalists in the West and the utter self-destructive folly of all those kneejerk sanctions against Russia.

It wasn’t Putin who put the cost of unleaded through the roof, it was the directors of Shell, BP etc. It wasn’t the nasty vile CCP that made my shopping bill in Morrisons rise by 10% and more but the directors of the US-based hedge fund that was allowed to take over a major supermarket chain.

So stick your fingers in your ears if you want and whime about Putin and the CCP, deliver oh-so-self-righteous tirades about the “rule of law” but know this …

The dollar will become increasingly irrelevant, EU/UK and the pathetic hangers-on like the Baltic states and North Macedonia will face real economic pain and internal strife within the next few months. The territory of whats left of Ukraine will shrink as not only Russia takes back what is historically theirs but Poland and Hungary take a chunk out too of the corpse of the country. THe country that first chose a corrupt confectionery maker and then a coke-addicted comedian as frontmen for the financial predators of the US and those who control it.

The island of Formosa will once again revert to its position as an island province of China. Maybe not next year, maybe not in 5 years but China has always thought on the long term and will win in the end. Thats what happens when you have a leadership who cares about their country and people, not merely what the next quarterly report is going to give the parasite bankers.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Can’t get your paws on an iPhone14?

Blame Pelosi and her pig-ignorant advisors…
Yanks shoot themselves in the foot yet again.

2 Likes

I lasted 25 secs until they tried to punt investment advice by Nigel Farage …

1 Like

An excellent summary post re Ukraine, China etc!

2 Likes

Let’s face it, Alex Jones and all his fellow travellers are low-life c**ts, scumbags of the lowest order . . anyone offended by that statement?

1 Like

Ladies and gentleman the “inflation reduction act” :joy:

4 Likes