What’s up today? (Part 1)

6 Likes

That’s terrifying! Add some more flames behind her and that’s my mate’s ex!

3 Likes

Another bridge is biting the dust as we speak.
I used Nomad within the last 3 days :roll_eyes:

https://twitter.com/0xfoobar/status/1554234268884389888?t=G0UmdjfAWJcvrreqZq3PjA&s=19

4 Likes

17 Likes

Bloatware code-school tips, chapter 3 page 10:

2 Likes

Better buy any semiconducters you are likely to need in the next few months by tomorrow at the latest.
The world is getting tired of the whining of the Ukrainian puppets and support for the nazi-lovers is crumbling amongst both the general public and the EU politicos so the Yanks are about to try something incredibly stupid with Taiwan.

5 Likes

Mrs Pelosi has to keep an eye on the illegal investment she has just made :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Pelosi and other top-level grafters went to Ukraine to visit Zelensky shortly before they passed the 50 Billion dollar Ukraine war-chest graft bill … That went over so well, she’s probably wanting to do the same with Taiwan in advance of China invading.

6 Likes

Did somebody mention Alex Jones recently?

3 Likes

Some bizarre news co-pilot jumps from plane, mid air…

1 Like
3 Likes

A little more detail on this one.
Nobody jumped, tragically the co-pilot fell out the rear ramp door on this purpose-built skyjumping aircraft. They were contracted to US special forces parachute training at Fort Bragg, N Carolina https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/6/60521_1599798353.jpg
Its a fixed gear machine that had a rough landing that led to serious damage to the right main gear. Turns out they lost the right main wheel entirely but this was not known at the time. They managed to take off again and head for their home base at Raleigh Durham which has much longer runways and far better emergency support than the small field they were operating out of.
As the damage was not visible from any window, the co-pilot opened the rear ramp door (which is where the jumpers normally depart from) and stuck his head out to see the right gear. For some stupid reason he was neither wearing a harness nor a parachute himself and seems to have leaned out just too far… The pilot flying then continued to Raleigh Durham and carried out a good landing on a long runway holding the right wing up until the plane slowed and inevitably went off into the grass with only minor further damage.
A tragic needless death and utter disregard of procedures.
Why no harness or chute? Why no fly-by of the tower to let the ATC check the damage with binoculars?

4 Likes

Thanks that makes far more sense, sadly the majority of the early media I saw claimed jumped, jumped to conclusions apparently.

2 Likes

The early media were being the media and reported before asking the pilot who has been taken to hospital with minor injuries after his second iffy landing of the day. OK he did well on the second one but they wont be using the plane for a while.

2 Likes

To be honest, I don’t care who’s feelings get hurt over speech. Those who play the victim because of speech they don’t like are the real horrible people.

I believe Jones was forced by the a US court to pay out a huge amount of money over that ordeal - extortion in my book, and an attempt to bankrupt him and silence him.

“Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you’re really in favor of free speech, then you’re in favor of freedom of speech for precisely the views you despise. Otherwise, you’re not in favor of free speech.”

― Noam Chomsky

Freedom of speech is awesome. The fact you can say what you want, express yourself, disagree with anyone including the US government, publish freely etc is pretty liberal imo (which isn’t always a dirty word though I use it jokingly when serving ice cream or other treats).

If you don’t believe in coercion or violence is that restricted to pure physical violence or does verbal violence or verbal abuse count?

Heck there is hate speech and slander, maybe those don’t matter to everyone, slander less relevant or meaningful than hate speech to me personally.

Is there a point where you would get physical with someone after verbally harassing your family assuming you are stuck in the same proximity and can’t get away?

If someone’s theories are bringing harm and anxiety to your family that’s just perfectly cool? What if it’s not you but just ‘other people’?

Even in a small anarchist community this shit wouldn’t fly.

Not trying to rag I just don’t think the world is as black and white or binary as some people like to see it.

The duck dynasty guy, Alex Jones and the rest of them say what they wish but aren’t thrown into jail or prison by the state (freedom of speech) but because private companies (who have the right to) de-platform them, those people then cry foul because it’s “against their freedom of speech”. They say censorship too which is fair but they are coming from a perspective of entitlement when they really shouldn’t be, regarding platforms.

A lot of people support Musk being a public ass too. I mean it’s fine mostly but I can’t respect him when he can dish it out, not take it, yet still feel righteous enough to preach. There are things he’s done I respect but my overall view of him now compared to a couple years ago is drastically different.

Idk. Questioning sandy hook in your own mind makes no difference in the world. Broadcasting that it’s a hoax does. I don’t feel sorry for A Jones. You say that kind of stuff, real people have the right to sue you.

5 Likes

Speech can be censorship when you have a platform, or are given one by people with money and an agenda. Big advertising is censorship BTW so there is no such thing as free speech without censorship, you have to balance, not be simplistic, but consider the wider picture, and the effects.

Speech can and does cause violence, which is the worst form of censorship IMO.

Also, that you don’t care about the feelings of victims whose kids were murdered, and criticise them as “playing the victim” causes me pain. I don’t say that because I am playing victim, but because I care about you as much as anything reported here. I’m not trying to censor you either, I’m glad you feel free to express you views here because otherwise I wouldn’t know you as well, and I wouldn’t have the opportunity to share this back.

3 Likes

Bonus Safe Network feature: no smart contracts!

Another one biting the dust, on Solana:

https://twitter.com/0xfoobar/status/1554627762807349249

3 Likes

Why don’t they put Alex Jones in a room with all those parents and see how he gets on in real life. Anyone can be brave over the internet or behind a tv screen.

3 Likes

Only if it is coerced - i.e. the State forces you to watch/listen to it … e.g. the coercive schooling system. Technically, this is called indoctrination though, not censorship.

Regarding Jones however, none are forced to listen or watch his programs.