What’s up today? (Part 1)

UK’s Ryder review of biometric technology has been published. Summary in this thread.

TL;DR: there should be a moratorium on use of automated tech using biometrics until a wide reaching consultation has been completed and a subsequent regulatory framework is in place.

https://twitter.com/mryderqc/status/1542112769780203523

https://twitter.com/happyborg/status/1542172345133047808

5 Likes

EU imposing KYC/AML on cryptocurrency service providers on transactions down to one Euro including unhosted wallets, but not p2p.

1 Like
4 Likes

Government makes no errors: Error and Repeat

2 Likes

Privacy. Security. Freedom

6 Likes

@Dimitar I thought you’d like this one as you are a fan of the CEX model. :wink:

3 Likes

I deleted my Coinbase account a few years ago, but I still get emails from them :lol:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

3 Likes

Truth in the empire of lies…
such base error is just crass but the conceited selfish and powerful have secrets to hide and lack of good reasons and mandates for the wars they trigger. Brings us all down :confused:

2 Likes

Idiocracy rumbles on… and entertaining rant
but the way that big dumb Twitter can do whatever, only helps highlight the need for something better… and there will still be those who brainfart that dumb is better than having open debate and critical thinking!

4 Likes

AMD hacked - stolen 450Gb - they got in the network with password “password” :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Good government requires freedom from administration. Agencies that do not represent, get in the way of progress. :thinking:

1 Like

Decent crypto :gem:

Love to know what you guys think of this? I’m a bit confused from recent chats if the IP of a user or farmer will be visible now? If I remember correctly it will still be visible for the farmer but not the user? Originally no IP was going to be visible but that’s changed?

Here’s the link to the tread:

1 Like

He has a point but not a strong one because SN uses very little of the existing layers and does its own fully encrypted communications and decentralised routing.

It is only a step, but a massive one.

It should then be possible to extend this to run on other stacks, such as mesh networks, and more. SN isn’t a final destination and there never will be a final destination. It’s about evolution is fits and starts, and SN will be a very big shift, making privacy trivial to achieve for anyone and the task of defeating that very difficult indeed.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply @happybeing . So by re-wirting some of the original layers we have given full privacy to the user, including removal of identifying the IP?

If Julian Assange is not free, neither are we; none of us is free…

MP David Davis has done well voicing the problem a number of times but power does not rest with politicians…

So much for the Declaration of Independence, the swamp stinks both sides of the Atlantic.

Where is the will to do better? Where is the representation for what is good for us all?

2 Likes

15 Likes

To all those annoyed by medium:

https://drewdevault.com/2021/09/23/Nitter-and-other-internet-reclamation-projects.html

As well as invidio.us, nitter.net, and teddit.net for using youtube, twitter and reddit, I just discovered, thanks to this blog from the guy behind SourceHut, that you can take any ‘medium.com’ link and manually replace that part in the URL with ‘scribe.rip’ and you get nicely formatted, lightweight, no ads, no tracking, no-limit medium articles. Very, very nice.

6 Likes