What’s up today? (Part 1)

Privacy. Security. Freedom

5 Likes
1 Like

U.N. Taking Down Private Websites – Domain Level Censorship

” Musk responded, saying “web3 sounds like BS” and “I thought nothing could be nuttier than ‘99,” referring to the late-1990s dot com bubble that saw investors pour billions of dollars into internet-based companies that eventually collapsed.”

It’s funny because someone who has a way of looking so far ahead just can’t believe something such as Safe Network could be feasible. I think web 3 brought on by blockchain would be sub optimal so if that is the benchmark I can understand the skepticism. Once the network is live, the whole world will be rubbernecking.

1 Like

We’re right over the target, as confirmed by Musk.

I do believe he isn’t saying the idea is infeasible, but the concept being promoted. At this time web3 is conceptualised by the blockchain.

Once people see Safe the web3 will disappear in my opinion and another name will take over. Maybe Safeweb or another name. Like “super speed USB” and “super super speed USB” naming did not take even though they were progression from previous naming schemes for USB. What took over was USB 3.2 5GB, USB 3.2 10GB, and USB 3.2 20GB (or similar)

EDIT: Actually Elon’s star link will be in essence a decentralised system and all that would be need is to add s/w to have nodes on each sat (or major sat) in his constellation. He hates people profiteering off blockchain and web 3 just seems to be a way for a few to make big money

2 Likes

This is way cooler than Starship, imo.

2 Likes

Elon is not always that wise, he was all for btc, then backed down saying its not green and uses so much elec, things most crypto peeps have known about for a very long time.

What’s with the cake on my post?

5 Likes

Happy forum anniversary @bones!

8 Likes

Sound money and genuine utility appeals beyond the normal.

1 Like
3 Likes

Interesting ideas in here - no matter what you think of O’keefe, he makes some really great points IMO.

James O’Keefe Responds to New Twitter Policy

2 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

1 Like

The stolen tokens from BitMart:

1 Like

https://roacheforque.blogspot.com/2021/11/rule-of-greed.html?m=1

I found it an interesting read.
Based on current financial climate, with possible outcomes.

2 Likes
6 Likes

A view on Dorsey focusing on Square and bitcoin…

“Recently, Square released a white paper for a decentralised bitcoin exchange platform that would appear to freeze out competing cryptocurrencies.”

“If we underestimate the economic value of belief, we will underestimate how large the bubble can grow.” ~ Richard Seymour

5 Likes
3 Likes