What’s up today?

The “Data Industrial Complex,” or DIC for short. The plot…thickens.

It seems you have to be named Tim to speak at ICDPCC today in Brussels (he also describes Solid):

https://interestingengineering.com/first-single-molecule-magnet-ever-can-revolutionize-hard-disk-storage-capacity?fbclid=IwAR3m7urws7d6aCmiwhcULuPVRmgacKchOj5TDNgXr2OFsOZepMVcn1DCy7U

Remember substratum?
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/9r489e/

What’s the connection?

My bad, I think reddit android apps share feature is broken and only got the picture from post? I don’t know, is the link clear now?

I didn’t know the National Christian Foundation (NCF), but apparently they currently don’t accept cryptocurrencies.
Maybe Substratum will have a bigger chance at NCF if they add a Christian based Code Of Ethics to their project, like SQLite did :wink:

Hmm

WhatsUpToday

23-Year-Old Australian Woman Arrested Over Theft of 100,000 XRP

https://www.coindesk.com/23-year-old-australian-woman-arrested-over-theft-of-100000-xrp/

Surely you jest! “National Christian” is oxymoronic enough that suggesting them a Christian based code of ethics amounts to blasphemy. :rofl:

Our own @dugcampbell was at the Web3 Summit in Berlin this week - he’s written up a few of his thoughts on Medium.

David.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Of the 22 outlets who replied conclusively, 12 of them—more than half the total—were willing to publish paid content without disclosing it as such.

Only the websites that unambiguously offered to publish native content, unlabelled, for a price are included in the total. So not included in the count are two outlets that hinted at being willing to do so under certain conditions, but did not ultimately confirm it. Add those two, and the total would be 14 out of 24, or 58 percent.

I think this should be stickied somewhere. Maybe along with a list of real news sites, or at least sites that have not (yet) been found to be lying and/or breaking the ethics of journalism.

A hard line to draw - Coindesk for example is generally respected, but IMO has constant anti-crypto/Pro wall street/NY style over-regulation undertones leak throughout their articles. To me they always appeared to be doing damage control against the whole crypto space. Vitalik Buterin also slapped them down for being "recklessly complicit in enabling giveaway scams."

:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not easy to list “good” sites or “bad” sites, and “undertones” can’t really be measured. Straight out lies, however, can be exposed, and exposed liars can be avoided. Some people, especially in politics and marketing, are aware of this and therefore avoid being accurate or specific in their statements, making it impossible to pinpoint untrue ones. I personally try to avoid both direct liars and those who have a habit of making unverifiable/unfalsifiable statements.