What’s up today? (Part 1)

3 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable to consider the possibility that the Taliban, who’ve been under the thumb of the US oligarchy for two decades, might send suicide bombers to the US … I also don’t think the US oligarchy would mind one bit if they did - they WANT that to happen so they can hit the undo button here.

So I don’t care one bit if RT is making that point … I do agree though that the photo is BS and they shouldn’t have done that.

1 Like

To be fair, that looked like a real bad photoshop, almost like a meme. Not sure who would have believed that was real. Seriously a terrorist with a backpack showing ak47 and a rocket lol. That would some really dumb terrorist ;).

3 Likes
3 Likes

https://twitter.com/quinndupont/status/1430988534098374668?s=20

1 Like

Sounds similar to how we imagine moderation might work on SN:

SponsorBlock is an open-source crowdsourced browser extension and open API for skipping sponsor segments in YouTube videos.

There are currently 1,323,906 users who have submitted 1,959,959 skip segments, which have saved a total of 277 years and 292.38 days of people’s lives.

https://sponsor.ajay.app/about

When you visit a YouTube video, it will check the database to see if anyone has made any submissions for the video. If so, the segment will automatically get skipped when you reach it.
Once the sponsorship is skipped, you can upvote or downvote this segment and it will be recorded in the database.

9 Likes

Commented on prominent attorney and bitcoin advocates post on Twitter when she asked about who should could talk to about privacy coins as she also is a contributor to Forbes. Seems like a great opportunity to me for someone to reach out and see if we can make something happen. Not to beat a dead horse but if you look at the comments on the tweet, maid is not mentioned Bc no one knows it exists.

13 Likes

Maybe let’s wait until we are there, sometimes better to be if radar with these things until it’s too late for anyone to do anything about it!

I don’t understand wasting potentially free opportunities. We couldn’t be further off the radar and no about of publicity will threaten the project currently.

2 Likes

By now you’ve probably heard that Apple plans to push a new and uniquely intrusive surveillance system out to many of the more than one billion iPhones it has sold, which all run the behemoth’s proprietary, take-it-or-leave-it software. This new offensive is tentatively slated to begin with the launch of iOS 15⁠—almost certainly in mid-September⁠—with the devices of its US user-base designated as the initial targets. We’re told that other countries will be spared, but not for long.

You might have noticed that I haven’t mentioned which problem it is that Apple is purporting to solve. > Why? Because it doesn’t matter.

If Apple demonstrates the capability and willingness to continuously, remotely search every phone for evidence of one particular type of crime, these are questions for which they will have no answer. And yet an answer will come—and it will come from the worst lawmakers of the worst governments.

This is not a slippery slope. It’s a cliff.

4 Likes
1 Like

Cardano appears to be moving in the opposite direction of Safe.

2 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

Lol, guess Eth2 is born and to be traded as the new chain. What a joke…

1 Like

Get ready to be mad … Coin Bureau guy shows Maidsafe name in list of storage projects and then goes on to say that ONLY Arweave stores permanently for a one time fee.

4 Likes

I was hoping to get Guy to cover the project… someday. That could still happen really. What’s the timestamp @TylerAbeoJordan?

What I find a little unbelievable is one of the founders of arweave says they invested in the ethereum ico with bitcoin they mined yet this whole permaweb idea was something they came up with. People weren’t around in that time and not hear about Maidsafe.

5 Likes

Of the particularly offending quote?:

2 Likes

It just goes to show he didn’t do any research. Call me skeptical, but what proof is there this wasn’t just a paid advert for copycat arweave?

4 Likes