What’s up today? (Part 1)

aka Dr Doom, his claim to fame and recognition by some is for prophesying the 2008 financial crisis.

Hence Vitaliks tweet a few days prior to Roubini’s testimony before the senate.

The problem is, this nonsense he spews is being listened to by some clueless people in government.

4 Likes

“Ideology of crypto is right wing white suptremacist” - Nouriel Roubini

I’ve found some of the “white supremacist” conspirators he’s talking about. :wink:

Oh no … i think their conspiring to trust maths. :joy:

2 Likes

This is the type of stuff that catalyzes massive disruption. A bit light on the gory details, but they’re unnecessary. I only disagree with respect to Amazon. They actually have one of the biggest targets on their backs. Tesla is still an enigma to me, but whatever happens, people will be running to distributed consensus solutions very soon. TBL’s announcement is well-timed.

I didn’t know that word, so thanks. We certainly have our fair share of idiots and liars here too, but I guess everything is just bigger in America. Many people love sports in Finland, so we have a bunch of ex-skiers and ex-body builders and the like in the parliament and even in government now. Some are even creationists and general science deniers, which is actually very rare in Europe, but they make decisions affecting everybody all the same. I reckon the whole world is going to hell, so screw it.

Gone fishing.

Microsoft Is Pushing New Blockchain ID Products (But There’s Pushback, Too)

1 Like

I find a certain zen from ignoring the mouth frothing media pundits. They are like circus showmen, trying to drum up excitement for a reality which is far less interesting or unique.

Let them bang their drums and spout their nonsense. Let their politicians scribble new daft laws. They are not worth getting stressed over, especially when they are almost impossible to influence. In time, decentralization will make much of their nonsense irrelevant.

5 Likes

Novogratz doesn’t know about TBL’s SOLID/Inrupt. Moreover, he railroads Raoul and pushes blockchain to co-opt Web 3.0. Maybe SAFE is just Web 4.0. But look at his blue lizard tongue!!! Must be that blue raspberry KOOL-AID over at Ethereum…

Not Tether. 20 chars…

1 Like
1 Like

I guess linking to links will still be legal. Otherwise at least Bing and Google search are in trouble. Or maybe they have built their search engines “unknowingly”.

What about tiny URLs?

1 Like

Kind of a big deal…

2 Likes

I know a guy who worked on that project actually. The thing he was working on was about storing customer funds securely, going beyond the “paper wallet hidden under the pillow” model to where it would require an organized hacker group with armed ground forces deployed at multiple locations (etc) to steal the coins.

3 Likes

That’s interesting stuff. Fidelity isn’t messing around. Though, I’m a bit disappointed in the Ethereum choice. Seems like there are just a lot of bag holders that want a way out. Ethereum should die a short, quick death and soon…before it causes serious damage in a public market at even higher levels.

https://www.fidelitydigitalassets.com/overview

Or link to a site that has the link to the copyright infringing material.

Or link to a site that links to a site that links to the copyright infringing material

Or … you get the idea.

This was the big debate in the Australian censorship legislation attempt. And lots of fun was made at the expense of the then Prime Minister and his (censorship) minister.

I guess that it could be the undoing of the Japan attempt. Or else they will just do the “direct link” since it is the world wide web where eventually every searchable site links to every other one via links to links to links to …

1 Like

The “interrogation” went wrong? What, did the guy being “interrogated” accidentally choke on the cup of tea he was offered by the “interrogators”?

Any resources available of material written by the journalist throughout his career? He must have been writting some interesting reports.

Edit:. Another example of why we need a robust network where we can store data.

1 Like

Let’s not forget that the US government, through its unrelenting support, is directly responsible for all atrocities Saudi Arabia’s rulers commit against their own citizens and humanity as a whole.

1 Like

Pretty interesting that the preacher got released by Turkey within 24 hours of this “unrelated” issue. The US has been fighting for months to get that guy out of prison. Things are not as they seem. Smoke and mirrors. Khashoggi is definitely not a good guy in this story. Sounds like it might be related to 9/11.