What’s up today? (Part 1)

That is some sobering reading. I never trusted Tether myself, but I didn’t realise there was so much dirt dug up on it already.

2 Likes

wow

What a plank, his profile pic looks like it is from 20 years ago :joy:

6 Likes

I don’t really follow American politics. Is this guy really this dumb, or is he paid to write this junk?

3 Likes

In 2014 he said this … He is not very smart:

2 Likes

The child of Iranian Jews, he was born in Turkey and grew up in Italy.

That may shed some light on his tweet.

I don’t know much of the man to be honest but my impression is that his pockets are greased.
That’s just my opinion.

1 Like

One would think that kind of diverse cultural and linguistic background would give some perspective. Apparently not. It sure feels like somebody is paying him. I’m not sure anybody can be that stupid for real. Then again, if he’s paid to spread fud, one would think the fud should at least make sense. I don’t know.

2 Likes

Tether is basically how Bitfinex funded the bitcoin pump late last year.

As for that Roubini guy, who the f*** is he again? He sounds like the left’s answer to Alex Jones lmao.

3 Likes

I don’t see much similarities between ‘libertarian decentralization’ and ‘Fascist at core’. That’s a lack of cohesion in his logic to me.
ps: Economist Nouriel Roubini Accidentally Tweets Booty Call. A knob indeed…

6 Likes

They actually believe Doritos and Mountain Dew enables them to say shit that means the opposite or has no real meaningful correlation directly.

Sadly, it’s working.

1 Like

Thank you. I find this enlightening. It seems like the guy really is dumb as a doorknob and not just being paid. I personally don’t like the short Twitter format. It’s difficult to say anything meaningful using just a few letters. But for identifying idiots in politics Twitter is pretty good. How the devil did he make professor, though?? And having grown up in Italy he still doesn’t know what fascism is? WTF

2 Likes

I also don’t know much about the guy. I see he is exaggerating and narrow-minded with his crypto currencies ideas. The knob part was more a word play on the fact he seems to be a pleasure seeker, but is not that relevant here I think. Except that he needed to delete a tweet at least once of course.

3 Likes

I think any rational person seeks pleasure. But that “fascist libertarian” tweet was pure covfefe. Putting your booty calls on twitter is just really, really careless. If you say 2+2=5, you’re not “exaggerating”. You’re just plain wrong and should know better provided you had the chance to get at least some sort of basic education.

1 Like

I meant ‘pleasure seeker’ as in ladies’ man. In one of his follow up tweets he ‘explains’ the fascist part:

Yes many white supremacists are paranoid about any government & central authority (ie they are libertarian) while being racist, anti-semite, Nazi & fascist at the same time. Crypto has been able to combine libertarian zelaotry with fascist racist ideologies. Most are white kids

He’s probably trying to self promote by trolling etc (I tried to be mild on him by saying exaggerating) like explained here.

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong with seeking pleasure from ladies.

But that’s just gibberish, if you ask me. bläjiluirlblubblub

1 Like

To be honest, I’m a bit of a square. I know it. Oftentimes I don’t get jokes and I don’t really understand the art of trolling. Maybe the man is just a brilliant troll or attention seeker. But that’s beyond me.

He is probably both a troll and an idiot (in his crypto attacks): these 2 aren’t mutually exclusive :wink:

2 Likes

Logical. That I like.

1 Like

When I was about sixteen, it hit me that politicians publicly say what they believe their electorate wants to hear and agrees with. I still agree with a whole lot of what hit me when I was about sixteen.

So I think the man is not an idiot. He’s just a politician. He hopes to satisfy the people who know zilch about crypto but hate it enough to enjoy politicians hating on it publicly. Basically, he does his job.

3 Likes

36%20PM

We call them “Shock Jocks” here.

They deliberately say outrageous things in order to get responses which both bolsters their ego (fragile egos) and lines their pocket with plenty (lots and lots) of money.

4 Likes