What’s up today? (Part 1)

4 Likes
4 Likes

Privacy. Security. Freedom

4 Likes

We had the same issue in Australia where the government was calling for outlaw of encryption (not just e2e) some years ago now.

In that case too it was discovered that the new prime minister had organised his takeover using Wickr a e2e application. And he was quoted as saying something along the lines of the law is more real than mathematics. OR Mathematics has to bow down to the rule of law
And that Prime Minister used to own one of the early ISPs back in the dial up days

3 Likes

The hubris is astonishing. It reminds me of King Canute!

4 Likes

A much misunderstood and maligned chap.
Canute’s apparent madness on that day out at the seaside was designed to demonstrate to his courtiers and people that there were limits to his power as monarch.
“Don’t ask me to do the impossible”

Canute was a damn sight brighter than the popular tale makes out.

1 Like

I thought this was interesting:

Will many hearts bleed when the banking system starts to dissolve? I doubt it.

10 Likes
2 Likes

People don’t care about privacy or they wouldn’t use Facebook<

Only 96% of people care about privacy.

What are we to do? Say thank you to Facebook for preparing the market for Safe Network!

https://twitter.com/jason_kint/status/1388468643093168130?s=20

16 Likes

I wonder which exchanges the petro is traded on and whether the VenezuelanFinance Ministry are that bothered?

Not sure if there is any info for the more technical minded for the discussion of maid swap/conversion

2 Likes
5 Likes

I have not been following NFT’s much but I would assume that with them going missing nobody with any sense would buy them? At least until we fix the problem with the perpetual web.
Certainly seems like the hype has died on crypto twitter.

2 Likes

Certainly a lot of negative press for NFT’s lately, but I don’t think that will slow down the hype train much as $$ to be had.

I do think it’s good that the idea of NFT’s is spreading around and gaining attention - as when Safe Network is launched it will probably be the perfect place for NFT’s … more fuel for the SN fire. :wink:

5 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

https://twitter.com/ZeitgeistFilm/status/1389804151006109698

1 Like
5 Likes

SpaceX stuck the landing today of their starship prototype - no RUD! Video queued to launch time:

10 Likes