What’s up today? (Part 1)

I learnt long ago. If you sell, spend your crypto, you were happy to do so at the time.
Woulda , coulda, shoulda thinking will just make you miserable.
You were happy with your decision at that time.

Its true with any investment.

3 Likes

In the UK we have a brilliant view of the cloud obscuring Jupiter and Saturn.

3 Likes

Happy Returning of the Sun, everybody!

4 Likes

Only parts of the UK :wink: Some of us have clear views.

8 Likes

True, reasonably pleasant day in Glasgow.

Have a superb Solstice everyone!!!

2 Likes

Nothing to see here, just an octopus punching a fish…

3 posts were split to a new topic: The Ledger hack

11 Likes

11 Likes

I don’t have a ledger, nor enough holdings to believe anyone would wish me harm for such an amount, nor would I be scared of such threats (thanks castle doctrine), but holy cow would I be livid. The audacity of people. It’s just my personality, but I have such a hard time believing these people exist in the world (I’m not naive, it’s just that far outside my character). Get a job or start a business, work hard and be a good human! Leave other people’s stuff alone and if you like it, use it as motivation to get your own.

End rant.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about this @Dimitar

This would be my letter in reply,

Dear F----tard,

I have your money for you.

Molon Labe (come and get it).

4 Likes

:lol: this is not my post, the interesting thing is that I still do not have such emails with extortion and I do not care. I publicly support a network that I know bad people will use, ie. I expect to be hated and as a person showing my face I am aware that someone can cut off my head…

2 Likes

Holy Moly … But of course slipping things like this into Big bills is what the US congress and I suspect most every government is infamous for:

COVID-19 stimulus bill proposes up to 10 years in prison for “unauthorized streaming”

More specifically, major copyright reform which could very well trash the small-scale alternative news and entertainment business.

If governments around the globe keep implementing this kind of crapple … then the Safe Network has a very bright future indeed.

13 Likes

The ledger hack:

1 Like

Impressive list! That bitcoin thing will interest local thugs and I am afraid we will see physical assaults on people in this list.

Ledger has given a new meaning to KYC: Kill Your Customer, or at least Knock Your Customer.

1 Like

There may be 1-2 cases in a few years, but it is unlikely to be widespread. It is more likely to be used for phishing attacks and sim swaps…

Yes, but that was before this list of 270K physical addresses of Ledger owners was made public.

I’m sorry, the verb tenses in English are not very clear to me. I am talking about the consequences of this list. I’m in it, but I’m not worried and I don’t think anyone in it should be worried about a physical threat.

1 Like

Well, only time will tell. We’ll see on Reddit if we read few or many stories of physical threats on Ledger customers.

7 Likes