What’s up today? (Part 1)

Get 1TB free for 2 months from Storj:

I added an automatic translation of the weekly news and shared it in Twitter and Facebook

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

“Power is shifting to the algorithms”.

1 Like

Seriously? A man called Noah on human evolution!

6 Likes

Probably building a ship on a dry land!

3 Likes

Is that interesting enough to pay the effort? Cause it’s unfortunately “This site isn’t currently available in the EU” for me.

1 Like

https://omny.fm/shows/science-rules-with-bill-nye/yuval-noah-harari-charts-the-evolution-of-homo-sapiens

1 Like

I feel it is and hopefully the link @JBishop provided will work for you.

That one works perfectly, thanks!

1 Like

In a Friday evening announcement, the Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, or FinCEN, announced proposed rules requiring registered crypto exchanges to verify the “identity of their customers, if a counterparty uses an unhosted or otherwise covered wallet and the transaction is greater than $3,000.”

The rule is currently just a proposal. The Treasury has given stakeholders 15 days to respond with comments.

1 Like

The United States Department of the Treasury is looking for expert advice on cryptocurrencies to tackle legal challenges associated with the industry.

If I could get that job, I’d go in on the first day and just tell them they are F*****D, then resign! :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes
7 Likes

“industry crimes”

LOL

The public are moving to crypto to isolate themselves from banking criminals.

7 Likes

Solarwinds attack turns out to be a very easy password hack. US gov. in damage control blaming Russians to cover-up the complete ineptitude of their own government bureaucrats as we learn that a child hacker anywhere could have cracked open their security.

5 Likes

Merry Cryptomas and a happy new token to all.

2 Likes

Looks like Rust continues to gain support.

6 Likes

Seems RUST is hard to beat for large scale use where multiple coders are working on same software - many advantages.

3 Likes

For me once I got passed the first 30 or so hours with rust, and learnt how to structure code so I wasn’t fighting the compiler. It becomes obvious how superior the final code is, really is an awesome language.

11 Likes