What’s up today? (Part 1)

3 Likes

:safe: The Russian SAFE site is complete! :safe:

https://safenetforum.ru/

I’m looking for Patreon for the Russian site and forum. Please, if you are interested in taking control of the domain and the hosting server, PM me :dragon:

:freedom: :security: :privacy:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Great project of our friend @nbaksalyar:

17 Likes

Valuable insight for decentralised projects. This is very relevant for moving decentralised services into mainstream.

Things like trust and curation can scale because of this, and this can replace the broken, centralised platforms which are too large to manage.

Short thread:

6 Likes

In the forum we have about 6500 registered users (inactive ones are constantly deleted by the forum software).

We also have 45 people level 3. These are the people who are most active and create the most content. Ie about 0.7% support community-wide content :dragon:

This means that if all 6500 users of the forum start Vaults we will be able to support 500 000 users!

:rosie:

8 Likes
5 Likes

Bank of England say that negative interest rates have been placed in the tool box.
But don’t worry they don’t intend to use them.

… so why put them in the tool box at all.

I think just the threat of looming negative interest rates will force some economic activity…
but, looking at the state of the global economy, we will probably see negative rates sooner than later.

Its probably best to remove part of your savings from the system by buying metals, and crypto.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/davidasinclair/status/1259912960329334791?s=19

2 Likes

Distinct whiff of snake oil there.

1 Like

Fascinating thread on the detail of targeted #advertising, the difference between behavioural (bad for everyone, not least premium publishers) and contextual advertising.

And how GDPR and tracker blockers are shifting the balance to less invasive contextual ads.

2 Likes

US politics :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Untrusted apps built outside China are fine then.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s sickening the West’s two faced approach and general bipolar nonsense.

Vault7 - Home

the CIA lost control of the majority of its hacking arsenal including malware, viruses, trojans, weaponized “zero day” exploits, malware remote control systems and associated documentation. This extraordinary collection, which amounts to more than several hundred million lines of code, gives its possessor the entire hacking capacity of the CIA. The archive appears to have been circulated among former U.S. government hackers and contractors in an unauthorized manner

… CIA malware targets iPhone, Android, smart TVs

but it’s ok because it’s the USA.

Coupled with the disingenuous pursuit of Assange, just evidences more the problem.

6 Likes

SDK in apps tracking location

3 Likes

Not a masterclass but an interesting read but with lol moments
eg
“No customer ever asked Amazon to create the Prime membership program,” writes Bezos. “But it sure turns out they wanted it.”

1 Like

Shame he couldn’t get a list of the apps.

`

@shaolinpunks

I tried very hard to find out which apps. I asked two separate experts
to do technical analysis of apps to try to find out. No nice. The
company said it was a trade secret and they were bound by
confidentiality.

— Byron Tau (@ByronTau) August
7, 2020

`
2 Likes

I don’t know if those would request access to location but the wider point is that user allow ap for x and get y+z.

Parrallel perhaps to the corrupting of law making the the US, where bill on x needs to carry unrelated bribes on y+z just to get votes.

1 Like