Help!

Now solved!

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to reading this!

9 Likes
6 Likes

How did I just know he was going to be black? #BLM

3 Likes

Because it was a known fault of the face recognition. It has a bad success & false positives for non white people and got worse the darker the skin

Like a lot of AI designed today. It was shown that the demographic of many of the developers was young white males who spent their spare time in tech (ie not with relationships).

There is a lot of issues with this because of the unintentional bias being built into the current AI development

6 Likes

So what you are saying is we need a campaign to get geeks out of their basements and laid more - preferably by partners from a range of ethnicities?

4 Likes

And stop silicon valley preferring young white males who do nothing but program. The young and do nothing but program provide the greatest bang for the wage dollar and are hard to resist for these companies spending a lot of money on development.

The preference for white people is typical attitude of white narcissists who run these companies

We should be aiming for the one human race. There is really no other human race unless there are aliens from another world who are also human, but then again it would still be just the human race

3 Likes

Are you from Captain SAFE’s crew? (any resemblance to real people is accidental) If not, it’s time to download the telegram stickers: Telegram: Add Sticker Set

9 Likes

That’s bizarre - but I like it

6 Likes

With it, the collection of stickers is almost complete … it remains to find a love sticker :love_letter:

2 Likes

I have been writing a few articles recently and though this one may appeal here.

I have always found the digital world fascinating. The way that something can exist in a virtual realm, yet reflect properties of the physical world, makes it unusual yet strangely tangible.

“Exploring Physical vs Digital” by Paul Green Exploring Physical vs Digital. I have always found the digital world… | by Paul Green | The Startup | Medium

18 Likes

Really nice writeup and hits a lot of good points. I hope it makes people think.

14 Likes

Aside from being thought-provoking, this article embodies elegance of style and simplicity of delivery rarely seen in technical papers, imo.

8 Likes

Hilarious story about your friends dad, but I also remember thinking that data would leave a computer if you sent it somewhere else. This was in the mid 1990s when I sent my first email (I don’t have a computing background) and it seemed like magic (almost as magic as fax machines a while earlier). Because it was called ‘email’ my mind equated an electronic message with a physical one, and I wondered (out loud unfortunately) if I’d need to make a copy first before sending it, much to the amusement of the geeks showing me how to do it.

11 Likes

Many thanks for the kind comments. I still feel a little exposed when writing, but I’m starting to enjoy it more. I’m trying to do all my own art/photos too, to try to keep it honest and personal.

I posted it on LinkedIn earlier and funnily enough someone mentioned a relative that had a similar experience with fax machines. She was convinced it wasn’t working because the document was still sat in the machine - how could it have sent when it was still there? :grin:

It seems like many folks have had similar experiences. It definitely gives us food for though about usability, human/computer interactions and how easy it is for people to misunderstand applications. It also sheds light on how easily people are conned by fraudsters and hackers.

It feels like safe network, for all of its internal complexities, can give a much simpler and safer user experience. The goal here remains utterly relevant and it is great to see it coming together week by week.

9 Likes

It’s the other side of skeuomorphism (yes I had to look up the spelling). People start attaching all attributes of the familiar object the new thing is designed to resemble to that new thing.

3 Likes

Never heard that word before - every day is a school day!

2 Likes

The race is on?

7 Likes