What’s up today? (Part 1)

I know support contracts of ‘HP Enterprise’ aren’t cheap. But they come replace your faulty hard disk. After a call with their Indian support colleagues and updating the servers firmware first.

1 Like
6 Likes

On leave this week :grin:
Doing alt like reading books… recommend Jorges Luis Borges - Labyrinths, esp for Library of Babel, which I wonder is bit like xor.

2 Likes

Looks like this year Apple made nice improvements on the privacy side especially with the privacy apps disclosure prompt and the permission for cross app tracking

4 Likes
2 Likes

Ooops

10 Likes

I dont know if this is new or only new to me but google allows options on how long they store your data.

https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity

3 Likes

Superhero is a fully Peer-to-peer (P2P) social money network through which users can tip any Uniform Resource Locator (URL)

1 Like

Differential Privacy open licensed in collaboration between Microsoft and Harvard:

Microsoft:

Data not only drives our modern world; it also bears enormous potential. Data is necessary to shape creative solutions to critical challenges including climate change, terrorism, income and racial inequality, and COVID-19. The concern is that the deeper you dig into the data, the more likely that sensitive personal information will be revealed.

To overcome this, we have developed and released a first-of-its-kind open source platform for differential privacy. This technology, pioneered by researchers at Microsoft in a collaboration with the OpenDP Initiative led by Harvard, allows researchers to preserve privacy while fully analyzing datasets. As a part of this effort, we are granting a royalty-free license under Microsoft’s differential privacy patents to the world through OpenDP, encouraging widespread use of the platform, and allowing anyone to begin utilizing the platform to make their datasets widely available to others around the world.

Microsoft: New differential privacy platform co-developed with Harvard’s OpenDP unlocks data while safeguarding privacy - Microsoft On the Issues

Harvard:

We are engaging a community of collaborators in academia, industry, and government to build trustworthy, open-source software tools for privacy-protective statistical analysis of sensitive personal data. These tools, which we call OpenDP, will offer the rigorous protections of differential privacy for the individuals who may be represented in confidential data and statistically valid methods of analysis for researchers who study the data.

We began this project in partnership with Microsoft developing a differentially private data curator application. Building on this collaboration, we are now building a broader community around OpenDP with stakeholders and contributors from across academia, industry, and government. Together, we plan to design, implement, and govern an “OpenDP Commons” that includes a library of differentially private algorithms and other general-purpose tools for use in end-to-end differential privacy systems.

OpenDP is being incubated by Harvard University’s Privacy Tools and Privacy Insights projects (at SEAS and IQSS), with generous support from the Sloan Foundation.

Harvard: HarvardKey - Harvard University Authentication Service

5 Likes

Secure video chat using WebRTC (without a central server), could be a good fit for SAFE using the network to establish the connecting IPs.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Idiots vs maths part 94. Phil Zimmermann would be turning in his grave if he was dead. Luckily encryption doesn’t just exist in the United States.

5 Likes

From the article:

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham and U.S. Senators Tom Cotton and Marsha Blackburn introduced the Lawful Access to Encrypted Data Act on Tuesday.

Let me then help then with some decryption here: Senator LG = Lady G = Lindsey Graham.

Visa, Mastercard Weigh Cutting Ties With Wirecard After Scandal

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-25/visa-mastercard-weigh-cutting-ties-with-wirecard-after-scandal

2 Likes
2 Likes

One of the Japanese monsters of the deep. Prove me wrong :sweat_smile:

10 Likes
4 Likes

@Dimitar we need a godzilla sticker :thinking:

3 Likes

The signal of Beijing, closest to Japan of all showed signals in the article, is the least outspoken. So your Japanese monster is on holiday but can’t come back due to required Corona quarantine and has outed its frustration?

5 Likes