What’s up today? (Part 1)

2 Likes

4 Likes

I just signedUp :crazy_face:

That’s 44K Maidsafecoins, no thx…

3 Likes

Webview Deno looks like a good option for building secure cross platform apps using HTML5 and a variety of languages including Rust as well as secure JavaScript/Typescript using Deno!

3 Likes

Isn’t that by the guy who created Node? (Guess the clue’s in the name)

2 Likes

Damn the name is so in my face now that you pointed it out.
Thought he was all about Go now? Is that now why he bailed on Node.

1 Like
4 Likes

A very useful explanation of how the best results are achieved:

https://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/2020/05/04/do-the-real-thing/

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Friends, now is the time to act!

If you believe the world needs a new internet, one that empowers equality and autonomy to its users and sustainability for the planet, buying TFT is the best way to participate in its growth and expansion. :seedling::herb::deciduous_tree:

The ThreeFold Token is now live on both Liquid and BTC-Alpha!

You can learn more about the token here, including why a token is needed and how to buy (if you need any help). We have an informational landing page hosted on Liquid as well.

Please spread the word about the project and the token listing. :pray: We have plenty of information available to support you on our wikis and website and we are happy to answer questions on our forum.

They lost me in this part, unfortunately SAFE still don’t have competitors…

Purchase standard INTEL or AMD based server hardware - new or if used not older than 4 years

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: SAFE flags of the world and more

The ants are busy in github @happybeing may find some aspects interesting

4 Likes

From the article: "Farmers” (read: all of us) provide capacity and get micropayments for usage.

How very curious…

1 Like

I don’t know much about ThreeFold. I did encounter it this week, although it was already mentioned a couple of times in the past on this forum. What peaked my interest: apparently the founder is from Flanders (Belgium). Also a lot of partners, with ‘HP Enterprise’, which seems a ‘serious’ one to me. But for the rest mainly high level / marketing speak. Not a lot of code on ThreeFold Foundation · GitHub.

2 Likes

The code is in a separate repo: ThreeFold Tech · GitHub - all open source (Apache 2.0 for the operating system), and the wiki looks good (very similar goals to SAFE) although both github docs and wiki have lots of “Todo” placeholders (at least in the parts I was interested in).

I don’t know if there are any technology synergies, but I would expect so and even if not I think given the shared aims it would be useful to connect and support reach others projects.

I made a topic for discussion. Maybe someone can say hi in their forum and send them they link.

7 Likes

Maybe they will start to make Xor space… self encryption… Crust oppps Quic-p2p and OMG we need to change code language Rust for code management… and next… vault and PARSEC NOOOO we need AT2 and CRDT for performance! And now let’s make a Api and mobile browser! Hey, what year this is ?

P.S. Cheers ! Taking care of your health. It is very very long journey.

2 Likes

Hey friend,

ThreeFold have chosen the easy way with the servers… Their free internet is only for people with money. MadeSafe has chosen the difficult path to give 90% of humanity the opportunity to own the new free internet :dragon: :muscle: :bowing_man:

5 Likes