What’s up today? (Part 1)

World Economic Forum Launching Global Economic Reset
Read: Now is the time for a 'great reset' of capitalism | World Economic Forum
Watch: The Great Reset | World Economic Forum
They use the words “Lawlessness of Cyberspace” as one of the reasons they need this reset.
If Maidsafe have any ounce of extra effort in them they need to use it now and turn on the boost thrusts.

Update: they point to this page in their articles https://intelligence.weforum.org/topics/a1Gb00000038qmPEAQ?tab=publications
https://intelligence.weforum.org/topics/a1Gb00000015LbsEAE?tab=publications

4 Likes
2 Likes

I feel the same urgency. You can sense the threat in your gut. It would be nice to see the network launch before The Global ID required for access. This is coming soon.

We as a community could raise funds for a years salary for as many programers as we can. We could increase velocity and there by need less runway. I don’t know. Contact tracing is now being used on rioters. Of course people want this because they are outraged. They don’t consider the last 100 years and what it would have looked like had Stalin and Hitler had something like this. In time it will be those who hold the wrong political or medical views. If Society allows the use of this technology, how do they stop it from ending up with the wrong hands? Great post.

The Overton window is the range of policies politically acceptable to the mainstream population at a given time.[1] It is also known as the window of discourse . The term is named after Joseph P. Overton, who stated that an idea’s political viability depends mainly on whether it falls within this range, rather than on politicians’ individual preferences.[2][3] According to Overton, the window frames the range of policies that a politician can recommend without appearing too extreme to gain or keep public office given the climate of public opinion at that time.

3 Likes

Contact tracing for this that and every other thing…

5 Likes

I never liked snap in Ubuntu. The UX is flaky and it creates UX bugs because it obfuscates what you are running within the Ubuntu desktop environment.

Every time I run snap it complains about some domains it can’t access, and gives no help with clearing this.

I often have more than one installation of the same app because of snap, and no easy way to tell which is which.

Note we see snap is being used to control and centralise rather than empower.

I will completely avoid it now and be less keen to use/recommend Ubuntu.

Linux Mint seems sound. I loved LMDE.

6 Likes

I appreciate your concerns and was a bit shocked at some of what was revealed in the article. But I have to say, snap has ALWAYS Just Worked for me, honestly cannot remember any issues at all.

That may be because you use it for everything? I only used it sparingly, did the rest from the command line. Most times I did use it, at some point it caused more pain than the time it saved.

1 Like

not really - my first instinct is always sudo apt-get install tab tab tab to see whats there. Its only really when prompted in an article I remember to do snap whatever.

PS no bashing today, I got given an old Precision type (might be a real one!!) bass in many many bits, so I will be poking at that once son#1 comes round with the soldering iron he borrowed.

1 Like

Hello,

We’re contacting you regarding the following book(s):

Unreported Truths about COVID-19 and Lockdowns: Part 1: Introduction and Death Counts and Estimates by Alex Berenson (AUTHOR) (ID: PRI-GRW1ZENP2S2)

Your book does not comply with our guidelines. As a result we are not offering your book for sale.

Due to the rapidly changing nature of information around the COVID-19 virus, we are referring customers to official sources for health information about the virus. Please consider removing references to COVID-19 for this book.

Amazon reserves the right to determine what content we offer according to our content guidelines.

Looks like they’ve reinstated his book. This is just the beginning of the “Curation” Amazon’s bookstore.

3 Likes

Brave and Brendan Rich continue to disappoint:

https://twitter.com/hacker_news_hir/status/1269372245195075584?s=20

Update: Brendan Eich has said this was a “mistake” which seems credible, and that it is being removed immediately. See his twitter account.

6 Likes

Interesting thread on Reddit. Growing awareness of the issue.

4 Likes
2 Likes

You don’t wear a mask to protect yourself, you wear a mask to protect others.

NOT wearing a mask is a sign of disrespect to everyone else. Its a me, me me sign. Thatcherism, basically. Call it out!!!

3 Likes

But a mask is not enough to protect yourself and others (from BLM protest today in Brussels):

What (not) to do in case police charges with horses.

1 Like

The things you see when you don’t have your box of ball bearings with you…

They can find other polis fast enough but they cannot replace police horses with broken legs in a hurry.

Yes, maybe horses in such situations are not a good idea: yesterday a police man in London who did fall from his horse, last week a stolen horse. Reminds me of Hannibal’s elephants.

1 Like

The twat in London rode into a set of traffic lights. I hope the horse is OK.

Well I dont actually, the horse is used as a weapon so sod the animal lovers who will inevitably whine.

1 Like

Nice summary of the deals being done in which UK national health patient data is being given to commercial companies for analysis, including Faculty (ex Vote Leave) and Palantir (ex US Intelligence/Military etc):

9 Likes

If anyone doubts why SAFE is necessary, this is one nicely encapsulated example of many. Can’t come soon enough.

5 Likes