What’s up today? (Part 1)

Yeah I love that thing.

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes

Always remember these people are thugs (if black) but “protestors” if paid by the USA

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

No comment? :grimacing:

2 Likes
8 Likes

Let the games begin to try to fool these bot journalists with other bots. Of course human journalists can be ‘fooled’ to, but in other ways.

1 Like

A 100-mile flight cost about $6 in electric, opposed to a conventional Cessna 208B using jet fuel, would cost a few hundred dollars with today’s fuel rates.

4 Likes

Unfortunately it won’t scale well. Current (larger) aircraft design relies heavily on the fact that a fully laden fully fuelled aircraft can take off OK but cannot land safely without burning off fuel to get under max landing weight. Alternative is to make MUCH stronger (and heavier) landing gear. EVERYTHING in aircraft design is a fully optimised compromise, change one thing and you have to do LOTS of work in many other areas.
This design means that max takeoff weight = max landing weight
which has serious implications for passenger loading - if we ever get back to anything near pre-COVID conditions in the airline industry…

2 Likes

Good weather :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Dragon and Falcon 9 use a version of Linux .

So, those are not the blue screens of old.

1 Like

@Southside Yeah, yeah but look at the scowl on that thing. Does it look happy to have evolved in Scotland?

3 Likes

Well of course not. There were no pubs 425MY ago, nor had the concept of a haggis supper been developed let alone chicken tikka masalla or pakora so who can blame the poor thing for having a scowl?

2 Likes

Well that’s one take I suppose. Mine is ‘oh, if only my ancestors had washed up 600 miles south everything would have been alright’.

1 Like

You are of course correct. 600 miles south of Kerrera would put you just to the north of Caen, so the food, drink and ambience would have been quite sympathetique

pardonnez- moi m’sieur , somewhere to the south east of Quimper

Yes def a far superior place to be. Breizh!!!

Yes, thought the millipede. Here I am alone among a load of weird protozoa with strange accents who keep going on about how far it is to something called France. God this is depressing.

1 Like

“Oh for the mellifluous tones of Estuary English or some refined Etonian chap” thought the millipede and these effin midges are getting on my tits.

“They don’t even have county cricket here,” he mused, getting crosser by the minute.

1 Like