What’s up today? (Part 1)

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

I really dont think this guy is qualified to be writing bitcoin articles.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

This would also be great for SAFE Network explained in the future.

Rhaaaaah almost update :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

With a big move to remote working and video conferencing, this looks like a good move… and a reminder of how bandwidth is also liable to a big few dominant users.

2 Likes

It’s a lovely day, with the sun shining and the birds singing. The (lazy) dog is happy I’m home every day. Moments to enjoy!

10 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Reliable fact checking

A post was merged into an existing topic: Reliable fact checking

Thought these articles were interesting.

Businesses increasingly Banning Banknotes

Our local (wholesale/retail) computer store stopped taking notes last week and everything has to be prepaid when ordering. Cannot use cards either in the store.

2 Likes

Sheer desperation in case people actually start withdrawing their money and collapsing the banks ponzi scheme.

3 Likes

In the case I mentioned it was the business itself. Other business have not

2 Likes

I was replying to @John above :slight_smile:

Do you think they are just scared of dirty infected notes and cards or is there more to it in the case of your local store?

1 Like

Yea, i realise whom you were replying to, just wanted to make it clear that Australia has yet to implement that, even though the government already said they want to get rid of cash in a few years

The store is one where you order online and either have it delivered for a cost or go and pick up. Most people pickup. The option for pickup was to pay cash ( or debt card) and not have the credit card fee applied OR credit card with the fee. They would get your order together and bring it out to the desk and call you up to the bench and you pay and take you items. You would hand them cash or insert card into the pay terminal and then sign their copy of the invoice. A fair amount of contact there.

Now they said they were wanting to reduce contact and so all orders have to be pre-paid and most likely they will do a bench where they bring the goods out and stand back or leave as you pick up the goods. So then there is no contact at all and the customer never hands anything to them, Wipe bench and do next customer’s items

Basically the customer is the only one at risk rather than the possibility of customer giving to the staff. Of course if one of the staff has the virus then …

EDIT: Thermal paper receipts - do not use alcohol on them as it cleans off the printing. This company uses proper printing so its safe to spray down the invoice

1 Like
3 Likes

???

5 Likes