What’s up today? (Part 1)

I don’t think they have been hacked. I think the leak has more to do with the whole KYC flop, because angry clients were flooding the Polo FB with complaints, and, needless to say, that FB account was completely fake and asking people for email addresses to their accounts (so the scammers can “look at their case”).

2 Likes

Its almost for sure a phishing attempt. I have recived no such email. Thing is I have an email specifically for between me and polo. You have likely exposed your email elsewhere.

4 Likes

Yep, no email from polo here.

Edit. Looks like someone pulled the same sh!t last February.

2 Likes

Me neither. Phishing attempt maybe?

2 Likes

Sasha said he literally had to change his password using his own bookmark; not any link included in the email. It sounds legit. And the email repost also claims they only required password change from the accounts whose emails were part of the leak.

2 Likes

He was correct to do this, but was there a link in the email too which he ignored?

That’s not the impression I got from what he said. I think there was no link (?)

The e-mail seems to have come from
customercare@cx.poloniex.com
which is legit according to
https://support.poloniex.circle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026052771-How-to-Avoid-Scams

The e-mail contained a link to

which also is legit.

2 Likes

The only mystery left to solve now is, how the hell did your email leak?

1 Like

I see no mystery. I’ve been using that address for years. Everything leaks. “We all float down here.” :clown_face:

4 Likes
6 Likes

Confirmed

On Dec. 30, the exchange emailed its customers to inform them that a list of leaked email addresses and passwords could potentially be used to log in to Poloniex accounts. The exchange forced a password reset on any email addresses that have an account with the exchange.

4 Likes

Lol, one extra for the “wouldn’t have happened on Safe”?

Note: I just posted it there

3 Likes
4 Likes

Not news anymore, but anyway:

FSF-Approved Hyperbola GNU/Linux Switching Out The Linux Kernel For Hard Fork Of OpenBSD

Probably nitpicking from them and an exaggerated purity test, but from here:

Linux kernel proposed usage of Rust (which contains freedom flaws and a centralized code repository that is more prone to cyber attack and generally requires internet access to use.)

2 Likes

Is this really the case in UK?

Lol, no. So understaffed they dont to much.
When my garage was burglarised, one lady came, asked if there were any cameras that overlooked my property, which there are not.
She said nothing we can do then, despite them having left a drill when my alarm sounded, that they could have finger printed, but were not interested and just left the drill here.
They spend much time enforcing corporation law, which is not even their job.

3 Likes

This is the ex police chief from london, putting a policeman in his place for trying to stop something that is not his job and legal.

4 Likes

If the police are spending their time and resources doing something that is not their job, then the problem isn’t really them being understaffed, is it. I think it’s important not to claim “understaffed” too easily as the term is often misused for political purposes.

5 Likes

Very true, that’s what they say due to budget cuts, but as you point out, thats probably political.
Alot of them dont bother to remember the oath they took when they joined up.
They are supposed to keep the peace, but are often the aggravators.

3 Likes