What’s up today? (Part 1)

@upstate I sometimes think of it in the same way but something interesting is I watched this show with Jeff Goldblum where he went to this insane sneaker convention where people pay $10’s of thousands in some cases to buy a particular pair of sneakers and there are instances where knock offs are presented to rip off other unwitting convention goers as well as just within the sneaker trading community at any other time. In this case it does make sense to have sneakers tokenized for that community as strange as it may seem and as much as Nike might be trying to capitalize off of the buzz word.

2 Likes

Since January, China has shut down six domestic virtual currency trading platforms, cracked down altogether 203 overseas virtual currency exchanges, and closed nearly 10,000 virtual currency accounts operated via two major non-banking payment institutions

2 Likes

Mint is great, though installing recently I didn’t understand what the requirement for EFI partition was … and didn’t like Timeshift had to be disabled by removing it’s default schedule.

… off to find out what Hex was… I learned early on not to chase market… too many cowboys wanting a fast exploit without the necessary effort to produce something robust.

cough.:+1:.Linux Mint.:+1:.cough

Windows and.or Firefox without NoScript, you’re liable to catch the flu this time of year…:thinking:

3 Likes

Didn’t happen to me (Win 10, Firefox) and to be honest it would be a pretty poor Trojan that crashed your computer after downloading itself. What was it called by the way?

3 Likes

You think meta.discourse.org could be compromised? You would think someone would post that on their forum to inform others: I don’t see it. Probably something else went wrong.
Or do you mean the Linux Mint blog URL? Maybe it is done that way to convince you to switch to Linux Mint, where firefox doesn’t crash on that link :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very interesting point.

1 Like

Svelte won an award! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Mint is so good … you won’t regret it. If you need Windows for something, you can always use a virtual machine

2 Likes

Talking about double spending like it’s a new thing. Btc was never suitable for merchants accepting 0 transaction confirmations as payment.

4 Likes

Poloniex to unfreeze and upgrade existing unverified accounts to Level 1

7 Likes

I’m not sure they need you to submit kyc data to know you anymore. As soon as you transfer money in to poloniex you leave a trail. They know the account the money came from.

1 Like

That would mean, that US customers can use Poloniex again.

2 Likes

If sending bitcoin is as simple as sending an email, well that’s pretty big. Need to see it in practice I guess.

5 Likes

They could also just use paper certificates or if they want to be really fancy pgp/pub-key signatures + qr codes on the shoes or something, but hey blockchains gonna blockchain

edit: double spend resistance is a required feature for this to work, so simple pub-key sigs are not enough, but a centralized product db should do the work here (this should even be more private than a public products db = blockchain)

2 Likes

Yeap, they should upgrade to the Lightning Network. There’s a problem with LNs scalability, the routing, but it’s very similar to the problems in routing in mesh networks. So my hopes were that increases in LN usage would cause more funding being put into R&D for mesh networks.

edit: they already use LN

2 Likes

Set the guys views aside and listen to how a company was trying to force him into this.

I’m Being Bullied Into Sharing Your Data

3 Likes

For the DIYers out there, there’s a great alternative.

You can find open source arduino projects (or raspberry pi if it’s something demanding of processor power) for almost any imaginable smart home device and you get the flexibility to make it how you want. Power by batteries or wired(PoE,usb etc) Communication wired (ethernet, usb etc) or wireless (Wi-Fi, zigbee, Z-Wave etc).

Even if you don’t find exactly the device you want, making it may turn out to be relatively simple (assuming it can be made using a reasonable amount of off the shelf components).

2 Likes
2 Likes

I wish they would address my 2400 MAID that I accidentally transferred to a BTC address, instead of them deliberately fake-claiming they “can’t do anything about it” so that they can use it for their own greed during moments like this or anytime.

If anyone from Poloniex is reading this: I’d like my money back from this address I accidentally sent to.
And placed into my actual MAID address. Thanks… Or you could be thieves, and everyone will see when my MAID is transferred over to be traded into the wrong owner’s hands someday.

3 Likes