What’s up today? (Part 1)

A new ice age cometh? :wink:

2 Likes

In true Floridian fashion I found myself up north yesterday with little to no belongings to prepare me for the hell that bore down upon me.
Yes ice age indeed.

3 Likes

I managed to see the video on a few different connections yesterday, did it finaly work for you guys?
If it did not work than maybe I have to move the comment to “things that would not happen on SAFE”. :joy:

correction, I just saw that it worked for some when I read a few more comments. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-12/blockchain-is-dead-crypto-geeks-debate-merits-of-once-dear-tech

Ok who leaked our details?

3 Likes

What’s the scalable revenue model and is there equity value that’s created in these businesses? And arguably the answer is: not yet.”

Blockchain is not scalable.

“Not yet” - because they’ve not seen next gen crypto that is maidsafe.

2 Likes

Interesting article on quite a few levels:

2 Likes

Anonymous Donates $75 Million In BTC To Increase Online Anonymity

4 Likes

SafeNet qualifies on this front, doesn’t it?

1 Like

I would definitely think so

If only he was right about the price hovering around $1.13

MaidSafeCoin’s MAID token’s price peaked at $1.16 during the boom of late 2017/early 2018. Its price now hovers at around $1.13.

6 Likes

I tipped this article with the BAT my browser has been generating for free.
Hope it encourages them to do more articles on SAFE in the future.

4 Likes

As a verified publisher, I can tell you that you neither see who is sending you money, nor which website they come from (if you have more than one or different articles on one site). The money comes through an intermediary - Uphold…

You know the right site for your next donation :dragon_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

In case the image isn’t showing in the above preview…

5 Likes

I was interviewed this evening by the Public Policy Manager of Data Leadership at FB, doing work with TTC Labs. The framing of the interview with myself and my business partner was:

Discussing the challenges currently facing the advertising supported internet with respect to privacy and AI. Thinking about future directions for TTC Labs and the Data Leadership team at Facebook.

We covered lots of areas. Misaligned incentive structures, p2p tech, ethics frameworks, data protection regulations, federated learning and more. But the final question before wrapping up was about a blue-sky game changer. If there were limited constraints what would be the one thing FB could do to change the game? My biz partner without hesitation responded

“The SAFE network by Maidsafe…this would be it…more companies building on it”

The person doing the interview said she’d never heard of it but would definitely look into it with enthusiasm. Take that with a grain of salt I guess.

This is something I’ve thought about numerous times but would quickly dismiss it because even entertaining the idea seemed ludicrous. But really, what would happen if a company like FB had a dramatic shift and decided to transition their platform onto SAFE?

9 Likes

I can’t see it as feasible because it is both a radical change and the goals are misaligned for a corporation. It is possible that an individual such as Zuckerberg could see the light, but even though he still controls the company I don’t think he can treat it like his personal plaything, and so is legally liable if he forced through something too radical that lost money. But we’re already in fantasy land with that scenario IMO!

4 Likes

Maybe of interest, a decentralised privacy focused social platform, and a teams app:

https://getaether.net/

cc @bzee @seneca

5 Likes

Agree. It’s definitely not feasible for FB to make such a radical change, not in this universe. Maybe TTC labs will explore it in the work they do. At the least the report coming from these interviews will mean the Data Leadership team at FB are exposed to SAFE as a blue sky idea.

I shall continue planting SAFE seeds in as many decision makers brains as possible. More seeds sprinkled today in conversation with Davi Ottenhiemer, the Chief Security Architect at inrupt. I shall plant and water continually in the work I do. When the network is close to live I shall then throw some fertiliser on the seedlings I have nurtured :joy: - I’m delirious now, :sleeping:

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/jason_kint/status/1194759258312781824?s=20

2 Likes