What’s up today? (Part 1)

Probably, we’ll see in the future

http://www.reportingthetruth.com/putin-to-launch-independent-internet-free-from-new-world-order-censorship/

2 Likes

But… will it free from Putin?

6 Likes

It Doesn’t sound like it is Decentralized. So why would anyone want to join a centralized system built by a dubious government?

1 Like

We already did :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

I haven’t heard Tim’s views on blockchain but equating Solid and decentralisation of the Web with support for it is baseless. I shall see what he thinks about those claims!

It’s great to see he’s presenting Solid at the summit, and Maidsafe will be there too.

UPDATE: Tim is not impressed, wishes to point out that Solid is not a blockchain.

22 Likes
3 Likes

Lovely stuff…

David [20 characters and all that jazz]

3 Likes

I couldn’t read the post entitled: “There is no single solution to making the internet more decentralized”

Beacuse the gate keepers at the economist wanted me to buy a subscription. Did anyone get to read it? I thought MAIDSAFE would be the single solution to making the internet more decentralized.

I can’t read it either

This one?
“How to fix what has gone wrong with the internet”

hmm i think he’s referring to another article
Maybe this one?
Update I can now read it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah beat me to it by 5 seconds! Can you see it OK?

:+1: (+20 characters)

Yes this is the one. I don’t think the economist is aware of MAIDSAFE. Just speculating.

‘‘Most markets are somewhat concentrated, and no technology is likely to change that.’’

Hmm…

Even SAFE if allowed by inaction of developers could also become centralised by the big companies. What SAFE allows is the relatively simple implementation of user owns data system.

Saying it another way. While SAFE’s core is decentralised and easily enables decentralised applications. True decentralisation comes about with more than a technological solution. The applications and the users must embrace decentralisation.

And its good to see that even while SAFE is in the early alpha stages there are developers already developing systems/apps that are anti-centralisation.

5 Likes
            WhatsUpToday

• How to get rich in one step lol :joy:

3 Likes