What’s up today?

That should be “WILL BE” and not “could be”

Another issue is that the meta data of the document will contain the login account meta data which could include the student’s name and grade and maybe teacher’s/school names as well. So if any document is shared online then that info is available for anyone to see.

4 Likes

“Facebook is embedding tracking data inside photos you download. <…> Shocking level of tracking.”

18 Likes

Bill Gates on a speech told the audience how many pictures there had been exchanged by his users…remember that?

3 Likes

When people see the extent of the surveillance, I think they’re going to be shocked

10 Likes

Big congratulations to @pierrechevalier83 today!

Can’t wait to see how you promote the safe network by changing some Twitter algorithms :joy::pray:

26 Likes

Or trying to moderate @realDonaldTrump a bit.

3 Likes

Looks like twitter will be one of the first apps to be powered by the safenet.

Having an ex-maidsafe employee really would increase SAFENetwork visibility at twitter?

6 Likes

The new £50 note features a cryptoanalyst. I guess it is a start :wink:

14 Likes

50$ free from crypto.com for new registration.

referral link: https://platinum.crypto.com/r/gtz7uc9fmu or use the code: gtz7uc9fmu when registering.

As always everything I get goes 100% to promote SAFE :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Somebody should stick that on a poster :wink:

7 Likes

And hand-deliver it to 5 million people…

4 Likes

5 Likes

#braincomputerinterface

4 Likes

While thinking about the interesting point spotted by @Savage i got an idea.

When you link an article in this topic, you could put an #hashtag in your post (like in the post above) so articles don’t get lost among many that are linked here every day. In this way, they can be grouped together and can be found easier in the search results. Moreover with the hashtag you can start a discussion related to the article, contextualise it and find it easily too
Tell me what you think about

— just an experiment —

4 Likes

Getting Comunica etc working on SAFE will be awesome.

The Solid team are putting together some really nice ways to build apps including Comunica / LDfragments (below), LDflex, and a React generator, plus import of data from Slack, gitter and social.

9 Likes

From today’s ‘Microsoft Security Response Center’ blog: A proactive approach to more secure code:

If only the developers could have all the memory security guarantees of languages like .NET C# combined with all the efficiencies of C++. Maybe we can: One of the most promising newer systems programming languages that satisfy those requirements is the Rust programming language originally invented by Mozilla.

7 Likes

“Mirage is a server that runs in the browser”. Mirage.js looks interesting and could be useful, possibly for Solid on SAFE, offline-first / PWA etc… Still in development, but summary here:

7 Likes
15 Likes

So long as they don’t damage what Rust is by trying to pwn it… big dumb Microsoft!

1 Like