What’s up today? (Part 1)

Get paid to allow FB to collect more data from you! SMH

4 Likes

I doubt it is for the common person; it is for the elite who wish to control them and what they see and tell.

Freedom breeds prosperity and then those with power seek to capture it.

1 Like
5 Likes

Exactly why SAFENetwork has its own browser. Good to see the justification.

4 Likes

You can guarantee end to end encryption.
You can’t guarantee local security, e.g. the cable connecting your motherboard to screen is carrying decrypted data. Sample that line, or any other point in the system like RAM and you can view data.

I suspect this is one of many exploits kept in GCHQs little black book of exploits.

3 Likes

So, we need to switch to open source RISC-V processors to avoid things like Intel’s Management Engine, design WiFi modules from scratch, and run a single embedded app to not have to worry about RAMBleed. Let’s also not forget turning the casing into a Faraday cage for good measure.

5 Likes

Haha.

I think for the vast majority of use SAFEnetwork will protect us from being Zuckerberg-ed. We will have never before seen control of our personal data. Zucky boy et al would not getaway with using exploits like this to get hold of your personal data. So that’s the good news.

The bad/or good news… once traditional police work/foot work (if anyone remembers how) points you out as a person of interest - the big boys will come after you with exploits and all. It kind of restores data access to the way things were before social networks. If you are a POI, Faraday cage etc… is the least you would have to do.

5 Likes
2 Likes

will force cryptocurrency businesses in roughly 200 countries to verify the identities of anyone sending or receiving more than $1,000 worth of digital assets,

What in a day or a month?

Edit: seemingly in a single transaction.
Well then there are going to be a whole lot more $999 transactions.
#dumb

4 Likes

It’ll be per transaction where transaction is to be taken as one or more money transfers that could be considered part of the one transaction. So for crypto replace money with crypto to the value of.

They will still have to legislate the requirement for each of the 36 countries (from memory), so it may not become law for six months. Or maybe next week if the government has already prepared Bills for it.

But as they argued there is no way to verify the information (beyond the KYC) given for the transaction if the user is using their own wallet. And so this requirement will not render them much useful information at all beyond the KYC. Banking system laws for person to person digital system. Square peg for round hole stuff

4 Likes

The flaw with Bitcoin is the difficulty of mining, which pushes people to use exchanges. This is where SAFENetwork can get a big win - easy on-boarding for farmers. Make it easy to earn safecoin and exchanges lose a big use case.

5 Likes

While I agree to your point, it’s also bitcoins biggest strength. Because of the way Bitcoin works if mining was easy it would not be secure at all. Consensus it built on the chain with the “most work”. If “work” was easy, a nefarious user could just do more of it with junk / double spend transactions and wreck the greater networks function. It’s a necessary evil.

Granted, it’s way above where it needs to be to maintain security, but we’re past where “everyone can do it” and keep it secure.

how will the SAFE network be any different? I predict at first it will indeed be easy to earn lots of SAFEcoin farming but then over time, as the network grows, it will get more competitive. People will set up rigs specifically for it and really put market pressure on those that are just doing it hobby style with spare hardware. Of course you can still earn some but I can also still earn some bitcoin if I join a mining pool with the video card I have in stock… just not very much. I am not sure why the SAFE network won’t follow a similar pattern.

Lots of small rewards, special hardware not needed, no blockchain to download and maintain, easy to setup, etc.

2 Likes

well that’s what I am saying with mining pools. There are ways to divide up the work of mining then divide the reward into lots of small rewards.

It’s not “needed” to mine either. Many blockchains a good video card is still the way to go. True that for bitcoin ASIC chips are far superior. With the SAFE network its just data and there is not a way to store data more efficiently with special hardware as much. Still I would think its more efficient to have a rack of external hard drives and one cpu/internet connection vs just having 1 and then having to take care of all the other overhead the same as if you had 50. I think people will find ways to farm on industrial scales that are just more cost efficient then using spare hardware you have laying around.

Ok so there is the “entry fee” of needing to download the blockchain I will grant that, so at some point a contribution is too small to be worth it if all you are going to do is mine sell it, but never use it. Still I maintain several blockchains just so I can have a wallet. It’s not really a big deal and only excludes like mining on an old cell phone IMO.

I am like one of the most un-tech-savy people in the crypto world but I didn’t find it hard to setup mining back in the day. And there is no guarantee that farming will be like super user friendly. If it is that is just top layer stuff IMO. No reason someone could also not make mining more user friendly to.

1 Like
1 Like
5 Likes

10 Likes