What’s up today? (Part 1)

4 Likes

Wow, predictive police, that’s interesting

1 Like

Related image

1 Like

3 Likes

“The social media giant was serving as a modern-day slave market.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/child-bride-auctioned-off-on-facebook-which-didnt-notice-the-sale/ar-BBPVrEu
This snowball is just going to get bigger and bigger as the indictments roll out on human trafficking, pedophilia, and God knows what else these people have done on the internet.
The following article is a big more edgy, but this is the same type of thing that people said before about slave trade on Facebook, pedophilia at Oxfam, or the couch culture of Hollywood…until it all came true. I’ll leave the dot-connecting for another day…

So, here is the question: how do we effectively police a decentralized internet? It seems that these types of things could flourish even more while also making it harder to police.

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: SAFE Network and Illegal Content

Yes, the Blockchain Can Be Hacked

The title is pretty clickbait but i find the article quite interesting;)

Found this little gem.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Getting closer and closer to Day Zero…
http://risegop.com/index.php/2018/11/24/florida-ex-cop-turned-whistleblower-says-seth-rich-gave-him-dnc-files/

EDIT (for context):
“Let’s look at one aspect of her not-so-well-known criminal behavior, child molestation. An NYPD Chief associated with the email recovery stated on Thursday:”

“What’s in the emails is staggering and, as a father, it turned my stomach. There is not going to be any Houdini-like escape from what we found. We have copies of everything. We will ship them to Wikileaks or I will personally hold my own press conference, if it comes to that. People are going to prison.”

G20, Buenos Aires, November 30, sovereign debt restructuring deal. Financial system reset?

ADD: If we could get those ICANN keys back too, that’d be great…thanks.

This community is amazing. More will be revealed in due course:

20 Likes

Very happy to read such positive news, especially on this black sunday. Both you and the project deserves all the best! Exciting times to follow what is coming next.

5 Likes

Warring geopolitics is bound to have an affect on fiat, markets, etc. I can’t tell if The Guardian is failing to shame Bannon or embarrass itself.

Edward Snowden: “There are also more technical criticisms to be made here, beyond the scope of what we can reasonably get into. Suffice it to say cryptocurrencies are normally implemented today through one of two kinds of lottery systems, called ‘proof of work’ and ‘proof of stake,’ which are a sort of necessary evil arising from how they secure their systems against attack. Neither is great. ‘Proof of work’ rewards those who can afford the most infrastructure and consume the most energy, which is destructive and slants the game in favor of the rich. ‘Proof of stake’ tries to cut out the environmental harm by just giving up and handing the rich the reward directly, and hoping their limitless, rent-seeking greed will keep the lights on. Needless to say, new models are needed.”

Anyone at MS a friend of JPB?

7 Likes

Gold:
Screenshot%20from%202018-11-26%2002-32-35

“Proof of unique human?” :thinking:

“Lucky Turkeys”: (Snow) Peas & (Jullian) Carrots

1 Like