What’s up today? (Part 1)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Musk and Twitter

A selection of our oligarch rulers…

3 Likes

Interesting and relevant to Safe tokens in the future.

People read significance where there is none but interesting food…

1 Like
1 Like

https://twitter.com/AusAmbCyberTech/status/1519652894471254016

Full declaration and discussion topic here:

1 Like

Sex Workers Banned From Banks Turn to Crypto | CRYPTOLAND Episode 5

7 apr. 2022

3 Likes

Essentially, BTC will be legal tender in Panama. Adding Panama to the CAR and El Salvador, the domino’s are toppling.

After the president’s signature, the bill will regulate the usage of bitcoin as payment in the country.

• Panama has approved a bill regulating the use of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as payment.
  • The goal is to foster job creation and make the country a leading technology hub in Latin America, a Congressman said.
  • There will be no capital gains tax on bitcoin investments.

Panama has unanimously approved overhaul legislation to regulate the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency markets in the country in a move that takes the burgeoning industry out of a current gray zone.

3 Likes

I think the bar for the topic is ‘legal tender’. This doesn’t sound like that.

If it isn’t, maybe add it in a separate sub heading?

I don’t understand what you mean. I posted it here because it’s news today and this topic is “what’s up today”. Probably I’m misunderstanding what you are explaining.

My mistake, I understood your intro to mean you were adding this to the ‘El Salvador and CAR’ topic OP (which is a Wiki so we can track countries adopting BTC).

As you were!

2 Likes
2 Likes

It is thought that any sequence of bytes can be found in Pi. There is even an suggestion that you could do compression by having a copy of Pi to some huge number of digits and simply specify the position and size in the number Pi and you’d have the file. This becomes feasible when the processing time to calc Pi to huge number of places is miniscule

7 Likes

People ought to think carefully before calculating PI to large numbers of digits. You’ll eventually end up producing and storing (in some kind of encoding) all the nuclear launch codes, government secrets, some really racist literature and a lot of totally illegal pron. And then you’ll have some explaining to do…

But seriously, yes you could use it for storing or transmitting information. It wouldn’t be compression but a kind of procedural generation because the recipient would have Pi already and they’d just generate the data from where you tell them it can be found in Pi. You’d just need to find where the data is first. The system for doing that for arbitrary data of useful length would be the challenge. I would be surprised if no one is working on this concept already.

5 Likes

Pssst, want to see some … :tractor:

2 Likes

I’m a Masey Fergison man myself :wink:

3 Likes

I learnt to drive on a grey Fergie :slight_smile:

Though I have never had the urge to own anything else by Massey Ferguson - been boycotting them since they shut the Kilmarnock plant.

/off-topic

1 Like

@scottefc86 is a massive Ferguson fan himself

1 Like

0123456789 … there ya go, all the numbers in Pi - no laws broken. :upside_down_face: :grinning:

2 Likes

Privacy. Security. Freedom

7 Likes